Chapter 15: So Humiliated

Somewhere in the staircase, Trey, Sebek, and Rook have been chasing Deuce up and down the staircase. Soon enough, they're able to catch him, but Deuce is putting up a fight.

"Sheesh! Must you be so difficult?!" Sebek questions, holding him.

"Eeep!" Deuce yelps.

Then cries, "Waaah... Living people are even scarier than ghosts! I'm going back to my Mama!"

Suddenly, Deuce closes his eyes, and the same white mist leaves his body.

Trey asks, "Uh... Deuce?"

Soon, Deuce begins to wake up, "Mrmngh..." And opens his eyes to see Trey.

Deuce asks, "Trey? What's up?"

"Deuce! Oh thank goodness," Trey says in relief, "It's you this time, right?"

Deuce touches his face and feels something slimy.

He says in shock, "whoa, my ears are all sticky and grimy. And so are my nose and mouth! What IS this stuff?"

"That would be a combination of tears, mucus, and drool, I believe," Sebek answers.

"Huh? What are you talking about?" Deuce asks.

"Here's the deal, Deuce..." Trey says, and explains what has happened.

Once Trey is done, Deuce is shocked, "So a bunch of students got abducted, and Halloween won't end? And I was crying for my mom?! I don't remember anything after I got in bed last night!"

"Hmph. It was a rather unflattering sight," Sebek replies.

Deuce frowns, "I would never do that in a million years!"

Sebek smirks and says, "Heh. And yet we witnessed it all the same. 'Waaah! Help me, Mamaaa!"

"Are you making fun of me?!" Deuce exclaims.

Trey says, "Okay, Sebek, cut it out."

And turns to Deuce, "And you don't have to worry about it, Deuce. We know that wasn't you."

"A white haze left Deuce's body before he turned back to normal. I imagined that was a ghost. Monsieur Spade, I believe you were possessed by a ghost who loved their dear mama very much," Rook adds.

"A ghost did WHAT to me?!" Deuce exclaims in utter shock.

Then lowers his head and feels embarrassed, "Ugh, I feel so humiliated... Now Sebek's mocking me for something I can't even remember!"

Then grows angry and slams his fist in his other hand, "Those ghosts think they can pull one over on us, huh? Well, I'll teach 'em ALL a lesson! I'M CRASHIN' THAT HALLOWEEN PARTY!"

Trey quickly stops him, "Let's not get TOO carried away now..."

Then Rook says with a smile, "From one to three, then three to four... Ah, how reassuring this is. I'm sure that together, we have nothing to fear from whatever lies ahead!"