Chapter 1: Wide Open

Meanwhile, Cater, Rook, Sebek, Deuce, Trey, and Vil walk around the mysterious stairway.

"Whew... This has been quite the trek," Rook replies.

Then turns to the others, "Vil? Cater? You two holding up alright?"

"I know my usual retort is 'Who do you think I am?' but I must admit, I'm not in top form at the moment," Vil answers.

"I'm kinda beat, TBH. I'm slowing you down, aren't I?" Cater replies.

"Don't worry about it. No one blames you. The three of us fought pretty hard when you were possessed." Trey answers.

Deuce turns to Sebek and says, "Sorry, Sebek. I can tell you're antsy. You probably want to get a move on, huh?"

"OF COURSE I DO," Sebek answers. "I'm not going it alone because we have a higher chance of rescuing Malleus as a group, but if it weren't for that I'd be sprinting... Wait!"

He soon stops and says, "Our group has three Hallowenders and three possession victims, yes? Rook, Trey, and I can carry those of you who are exhausted!"

Trey laughs, "Ahaha, that's pretty funny..." and soon realizes, "Wait, you're not joking are you? You're totally serious."

"I wouldn't be caught dead in such an unseemly arrangement. I'd soon crawl on the floor," Vil answers.

"Friends aiding friends is such a beautiful thing! I would be quite willing, but... Perhaps we should check in there first? If you would look to our right," Rook says, and looks at his right.

Sebek says, "To the right?" and turns to the right.

The others do the same. And soon enough, they find another door.

"Ah, a door!" Sebek says, surprised. "Now we can move on."

Then says with determination, "Let's be off. And if any of you have trouble walking, don't hesitate to inform me!"

The group then walks towards the door, and Sebek opens it. Soon, everyone walks through the door and closes the door behind them. And soon find themselves in the same staircase.

"Hm? Were we not just here?" Sebek questions.

"That's strange. All the other doors have taken us to completely different areas," Trey says.

Suddenly someone calls out, "TREY!"

Trey's group turns to see Ace, Riddle, and the others. And all the groups who have been separated walk through their individual doors and into the same place.

Riddle smiles and says, "And Cater and Deuce are with you too! I'm so glad you're alright!"

"Riddle! Ace! Boy, am I glad to see you guys. Neither of you look too banged up, either." Trey says, relieved.

Cater happily waves, "Riddle! Acey! Sorry if I worried you guys."

"I'm sorry too. If I'd been sharper, I wouldn't have put you through all this trouble," Deuce apologizes.

"You should be! I thought you were snorin' away, then poof! You were just gone. Talk about leavin' yourself wide open," Ace says.

Deuce frowns, "I wasn't talking to you."

"Yeowch, what's gotten into you?" Ace questions.

He then smirks and says, "Oh right, I heard from the headmage that you bawled like a baby when you were possessed. I woulda paid good money to see that!"

"Wha... just shut up!" Deuce exclaims.

Confused, Sebek asks, "What's happening...?"

"Tres bien! Our four scattered teams have been reunited once more!" Rook happily says.