Chapter 9: Totally Hostile

It's revealed that Briar and the girls are okay too.

Ace asks, "So you guys CHOSE to go to the Spectral Realm?"

"You bet we did! Soon as they told me there'd be good food, I was first in line!" Grim says eagerly.

"Sheesh... Ace says, dumbfounded.

Then asks, "Do you guys have ANY idea how worried I was?!"

"Sorry about that, but Tsunotaro said that he needed some help, and I did want to help. Plus the others were so excited, so I couldn't refuse," Briar says.

"Seriously?!" Ace asks.

"Yes," Briar says.

Ace sighs and says, "Okay, after this, we're gonna have a nice, long chat where you explain it all."

"Alright," Briar sheepishly says.

"We're sorry we made you worry like that," Sereia says.

Rook then asks Malleus, "So you and the ghosts merely wanted to throw a Halloween party?"

"That is exactly what I wrote on the invitation, and I know I sent Lilia to deliver it," Malleus says.

"Wait... You mean the card we found at Ramshackle was something you penned, Malleus?!" Sebek asks in shock. "My word, I had no idea! And I... I called it TASTELESS... I, Sebek, do hereby offer my deepest and humblest apologies!"

Trey questions, "Look, what else were we supposed to think? I was convinced it was some bad guy's calling card."

"Why jump to such a dark conclusion?" Malleus asks.

"It's a pretty natural thing to think when you find a cryptic letter outside an empty building that isn't supposed to be empty! Not to mention the ghosts attacked us! How was any of that a party? They were totally hostile!" Ace answers.

"Agreed. One jumped out in front of me and purposely frightened me. And when Ruggie asked for directions, he exclaimed we were living persons and rushed us. Those were clear acts of aggression! And you're still going to tell me it was all in service of a party?" Riddle says.

"Well..." Christopher says, sheepishly.