Chapter 13: This Can't Be...

Grasping the situation, the students remaining will have to go through the Dark Mirror all on their own, and without any of the staff accompanying them. The main reason, because the Halloween party is exclusively for students.

Trein frowns and says, "I'm still concerned about you all handling this by yourselves. I know how most of you like to charge headlong into things. Please, whatever happens, don't do anything reckless. And never forget your pride as Night Raven College students, whatever the situation may-"

But Ace interrupts him, "Yeah, yeah, we get it. Don't worry! No offense, but we'll be here 'til next Halloween if we wait for you to finish. No matter what happens on the other side, I'm sure we'll be fine as long as we've got our teapot tyran-" but Ace quickly corrects himself, "Uh, our talented housewarden."

"Heg. I wouldn't dream of embarrassing myself in front of my card soldiers," Riddle replies with a smile.

"We're counting on you, Riddle. Leave the support to me," Trey says.

Ruggie snickers, "Shyheehee. We can't let another dorm outshine us, can we? You got this, Leona!"

"These herbivores can't even tie their own shoes. I'll babysit 'em," Leona says in remark.

"Hmph. I'm in no need of your helo," Sebek says.

Then says in a serious tone, "Let's be off, Silver!"

"Right. This is what we trained for," Silver says.

"I'm worried about going in alone, but I'll do whatever it takes to get Idia back!" Ortho says.

Then Rook says, "Fret not, Ortho. I and everyone else are right here with you. You are far from alone. So long as we work together, there is no obstacle we cannot overcome."

"Yeah. Just go in there and wing it," Floyd says.

Jamil sighs, "I hope you'll put in some actual action."

"Ahaha!" Floyd laughs, "Right back atcha, Sea Snake. No holdin' back, okay?"

"How dependable you all sound!" Crowley replies.

Then says, "With this, the Hallowenders have been assembled!"

"UGH!" The students reply in shock.

Then Ruggie says, "My motivation just went straight out the window."

"What's the matter? It's a lovely name. Do you not agree, Chevalier des Roses?" Rook replies and turns to Trey.

"It's just about as bad as that nickname..." Trey says.

"Ah, well... Ahem. All right, everyone," Crowley replies. "You have three tasks. To retrieve the missing students, to return safely yourselves.. And to bring the end of this interminable Halloween!"

"Yes, sir!" The students answer.

"Let us commence! Allons-y!" Rook happily replies.

With that, all the students enter the mirror one by one, and are able to go through it, and the teachers watch until all the students are through the mirror.

"There they go," Vargas says.

"All of you, please... Work together and get through this!" Trein says.

Beyond the mirror, a strange world in black and white, riddle slowly regains consciousness, "Rgh... Mmph..."

He slowly opens his eyes and asks, "Where am I?"

He soon looks around, "Ah! Trey? Ace? Are you all right?"

However, Ortho answers, "Camera visibility low. Dense fog present. Switching to low illumination mode."

Then asks, "Is everyone okay?"

That was one rough ride. My head's still spinning... Ruggie says, feeling pain in his head.

"Hm?" Riddle replies and looks around, "Where are Trey and Ace?"

Riddle looks around, and for some reason he along with Ruggie and Ortho are the only ones here.

Riddle grows concerned, "And where are the others?!"

"What?!" Ruggie asks, shocked.

He calls out, "Leona?! Leona!"

But no answer.

"Nope, no answer," Ruggie says.

"This can't be..." Ortho replies.

Meanwhile, in another location, Silver and Jamil are in a different area. In some kind of building.

"I didn't expect this," Silver says.

At another area with a pirate ship, Leona, Floyd, and Ace find themselves near the shore.

"You're kidding, right?" Leona replies, annoyed.

And at another location, where a large castle is, Trey, Rook, and Sebek are aware that they're not with the others.

"It would appear that... We've been separated right out the gate!" Rook says, shocked.