Chapter 4: No Need to Worry

Silver and Jamil continue to fight the ghost with their magic. The ghosts do the same, each of them fighting against each other with their magical abilities. Soon, the ghosts have been defeated.

The well dressed ghost says, "Alas, I have fallen..."

And all the ghosts fall to the ground.

Then Silver says, "My apologies, I have to borrow these fragments. I doubt you'll forgive me, but I promise to return them later!"

"Let's get out of here before more show up," Jamil says.

Grabbing the fragments the ghosts have found, Jamil and Silver open the mysterious door and walk through, and find themselves in a different place.

"Where are we...?" Silver asks.

Silver and Jamil look around to find themselves in some mysterious staircase.

"Stairs?!" The two exclaim in shock.

Jamil looks up to see the staircase continues up and says, "They go on forever. Upward and downward are all flipped around..." And looks down.

Jamil stops looking up and down and says as he holds his head with his hand, "I think I'm getting dizzy.

Silver turns around and says, "The door's disappeared again. We'll have to proceed through here. There are layers upon layers of stairways... and many more blind spots than before. Stay sharp." and stays alert.

"Right. We'll have to keep an eye out for anything lurking behind a corner..." Jamil says.

Suddenly, they hear the sound of the door opening.

Silver says, "Someone's here! A ghost?"

However, Jamil says, "No, hang on. It's..."

To Jamil and Silver's shock, the one who has entered the stairway is Jack Howl, one of the students who has disappeared. And he is in his costume.

"Jack, from Savanacaw?!" Silver says in shock.

Jamil wonders, "Why are you here alone? Where are the others?!"

However, Jack doesn't answer.

"Well, whatever the reason, I'm glad you're okay," Silver says, relieved.

Then says, "You must've been really scared. But no need to worry. We're here to help."

Silver turns to Jamil, "Jamil, would you drape a blanket around Jack's shoulders?"

"I didn't bring a blanket with me. Neither did you for that matter," Jamil says.

Silver soon realizes it and replies, "Oh..."

"Now, aluminum foil on the hand, is great for emergencies. It's compact, retains heat, and fits in your pocket... like so," Jamil says.

"Oh, I see! That's some Scarabian foresight right there," Silver replies, surprised.

Again, Jack remains silent.

"You did well holding out by yourself, Jack," Silver says, and begins to approach Jack, "Especially for a freshman. Now, come here -"

But suddenly, Jack shouts, EWW! Absolutely filthy!" and swats Silver's hand away.

"Huh?!" Silver yelps.

Then Jack says, "Don't you dare befoul me with those sweaty hands! If you must touch me, do so after THOROUGHLY scrubbing your mitts!" And demands, "Apologize for tainting your superior! Get on your knees and kowtow before me!"

"I never had anyone demand I kowtow over sweat before," Silver replies.

Jamil frowns and questions, "Filthy? What are you on about? There's a time and a place for doing a bit, Jack, and this is neither." and touches Jack's arm and tugs on it.

Jack yelps, "EEEP!" And yells at them, "You dare tug my arm?! What kind of ruffian uses brute force to make others comply?! You're after my money, aren't you? You're dreadful, just positively horrid! Begone, the lot of you!"

Before Jamil and Silver reach, Jack attacks them with his fist.

Silver yelps, "Ouch! Oww!"

"He's trying to hit us!" Jamil says, shocked.

"No, he's just flailing around... But when you're that big. It still packs a punch!" Silver says, shocked.

"Rgh... I think we're going to have to fight him to get him under control!" Jamil says, frustrated.

Silver and Jamil give Jack a glare and serious expression on thief faces.

"Why... Why are you glowing at me like that?! Uncivilized swine!" Jack shouts, upsetly. "Me thinks I'll have to demonstrate the teachings of my most cherished book... 'Seven Days to Swole: The Ultimate Guide to Beefing Up.'"

Jamil and Silver are ready to fight Jack.

Silver says, "Don't worry, Jack... We'll make sure to avoid any vital organs!"

Jamil and Silver bring out their mage pen and prepare to fight Jack to knock him back to his senses.