Chapter 19: Boop!

Luckily, Ace, Leona, and Floyd are able to sneak past the ghost without having been involved in another fight. Ace opens the door and the others sneak inside. Then the door closes behind him. Soon, the three friends find themselves in the strange staircase.

"Another change in scenery. Looks like a set of hallways this time," Leona says.

"These stairs are givin' me vertigo. I can barely walk straight," Floyd says.

"It's all bends and corners. We won't be able to tell if a ghost is hiding behind one of 'em," Ace says.

"Yeah. Stay on high alert and assume something'll jump out at any moment," Leona says.

Suddenly, they hear footsteps, followed by footsteps, "Took you boys long enough!"

"Huh?" Floyd says, confused.

Soon, they see a figure walking up the stairs as they say, "I was ever so lonely. You know what I do to meanies who make me sad...? I give them the finger-wagging of a lifetime!" and the one who appears is Epel.

"Who's that on the stairs? Some sorta idol doing a weird damsel-in-distress thing...?" Ace questions.

Then realizes, "Wait, no! Epel?!"

And it is Epel, and he says "BRRT! Nopesies, both guesses are wrong! You're talking to Lollipop the Candy Fairy from the Land of Sugar!"

"...Uh. What," Leona says, confused.

Then Floyd says, "Oh, MAN. this is pure, 24-karat gold."

"Epel would never be caught dead talking all cutesy and striking dainty poses. I think I can guess what's going on here," Ace says.

"He got possessed like you did, huh, Crabby?" Floyd guesses.

"Goodness! All your starting is making me blush!" Epel says, actually blushing, "Do you think I'm cute? Aww, thanks!" And blows them a kiss, "MWAH!"

"Tch... Hey," Leona says, and walks towards Epel.

"Yeees?" Epel asks.

Leona questions, "Where's all that moxie you show during practice? How can you let a ghost possess you without putin' up a fight? CANDY FAIRY? What is wrong with you? Stop lettin' some rando ghost call the shots."

However, Epel says in a sweet tone, "Me, oh my! When you make a scary face like that, all your happiness escapes!"

And approaches Leona, I'd better catch it." and taps Leona on the nose, "Boop!"

That catches Leona off guard and swat Epel's hand away, "Hands off.

Ace is shocked to see what Epel has done, even if it's not his fault.

Ace says, "Oh geez... Epel just poked Leona's nose..."

Then Epel says, "That's not very nice! If you're going to be Mr. Grouchy-Pants, then I'll have to punish you!"

Floyd frowns and says, "Okay, this was funny at first, but he's layin' it on so thick I think I might barf."

"Don't worry, Epel... We'll get you back to normal before your pride takes any more hits!" Ace says.