4. Unburden Her

'It's something he said to me the first night we met." Jon recalled.

"Snow on the beach is our inside joke." Jill added.

'' You know him better than any of us. What do you think?' Jon questioned

'I trust Tyrion." Jill told them. "He wouldnt send us into a trap."

"The Seven Kingdoms will bleed as long as Cersei sits on the Iron Throne. Join us. Together, we can end her tyranny." Sounds like a charmer.' Jon told them.

"I didn't say we trust this dragon bitch." Jill clarified.

'Of course, the casual mention of a Dothraki horde, a legion of Unsullied, and three dragons... a bit less charming.'

'What? Fire kills wights, you told me. What breathes fire?' Jon countered.

'You're not suggesting Jon meet with her?'

+

''Snow. You are a bit tanner since I last saw you.'' Tyrion remarked finding her on the beaches just outside the castle.

''Snow on the beach.'' Jill told him as he sat down beside her.

''It is a strange sight.'' Tyrion mused. Jill glanced over at him. ''Strange but fucking beautiful.'' Jill giggled turning her eyes back to the water.

''You are a shameless flirt. Even still after all these moons.'' Jill remarked

''Only shameless with you Snow. ''

"I'm glad you are not dead." Jill remarked.

"The lady stark did try." Tyrion informed her.

"She was never the greatest at following through." Jill added. "Lucky you." Tyrion chuckled.

"Jon asked if I would keep an eye out for you." Tyrion informed her softly. "Before everything..."

"I bet you wish you never went to Winterfell now." Jill remarked. "I wish we never left." She added looking over at him with the saddest of eyes.

"I could never regret meeting you, Snow." Tyrion corrected.

"Gods you just can't stop can you?" Jill remarked her lip caught between her teeth, a smile breaking through.

"What are you doing out here anyways?" Tyrion questioned.

"Well, not so different from home," Jill began. "A bastard in the presence of royalty, might bring shame to them but..." she tipped her head back and forth. "I heard some nasty little things about the king so him and your snotty sister are really ones to talk." Tyrion laughed out.

"I told her the same thing." Tyrion informed her and Jill couldn't tell if he was joking. "I did. I wouldnt ask her though because then she would think you smarter than she currently believes and I like you head right where it is."

"Me too." Jill agreed. 'You know how long I've been holding my tongue? Gods I feel suffocated here." jill declared.

"You are being good and polite, no that doesn't sound like you." Tyrion agreed.

"I'm doing it for Sansa..." Jill choked out a laugh. "if Robb could see me now." she murmured. Tyrion looked her over, her hair braided back, a dress bunched up on her thighs, it was different from the pants, blades and free flowing hair he had seen her in Winterfell. "He would laugh and ask where are the flowers in your hair Jilly?" Jill remarked. "Jon would ask what did you do to my sister... Arya would laugh." Jill said confidently.

"Well I think you look beautiful." Tyrion remarked.

+

A crossbow was pointed at Sansa, but Joffrey put down the crossbow a smug look on his face.

'My mother insists you stay alive so we'll have to find another way to punish... your brother,' Joffrey said sitting back down. 'Leave her face I like a pretty' Joffrey said as Meryn moved to Sansa but jill blocked his path. "Start with the bastard then." Joffrey agreed as Jill blocked Sansa's body with her own. Meryn smirked as he threw punches at Jill, kicked her legs out from under her and she dropped to her knees but she didn't make a peep. It was Sansa that started whimpering.

"Please don't.' Sansa said through a sob. "Don't-" But jill looked over to her, a look that said be quiet and Sansa's lip trembled as she silenced herself.

"The bastard is overdressed, unburden her.' Joffrey told him meryn ripped at her dress, Jill didn't flinch as the thin material ripped away exposing more of her back and chest. The door slammed open and all heads turned.

'if we want robb stark to hear us we are going to have to speak louder!' Joffrey decreed. Jill still said nothing but she heard Sansa's whimpers.

'What the bloody hell is the meaning of all of this?' Tyrion said storming forward Bronn behind him. Jill didn't dare look up. She would take the beating for Sansa, she would do it. For family.

'I was following orders' Meryn told him confidently.

'Who orders someone to beat a helpless young woman?' Tyrion questioned incredulously but he knew Jill was anything but helpless.

'One that follows the king you best learned that imp!' Meryn, always the loyal servant. 'I do not bow before anyone unworthy of-'

'Your grace,' Tyrion stepped forward, ignoring meryn, 'She is your future queens sister, she will be your family, have you no honor for her dignity?' he questioned. Jill focused on the ground in front of her. The metal tang of blood on her tongue but she wouldnt break. Sandor moved down the aisle and wrapped his cloak around Jill, she looked up then as he pat her shoulder. She wrapped it tighter around her. 

'She committed crimes' Joffrey reminded Tyrion.

'She is not her brother you halfwit.' Tyrion told him. Jill glanced over to Tyrion, she didn't want him to lose his head for trying to help her.

'You can't talk to me like that!' Joffrey declared. 'The king can do as he likes!' Joffrey told them.

'The mad king did as he liked, has your uncle Jaime ever told you what happened to him?' Tyrion reminded him and Jill bit her lip to keep from laughing.

'No one threatens his grace in the presence of the kings guard!' Meryn said threateningly.

'I'm not threatening the king, ser I am educating my nephew. Bronn next time Ser Meryn speaks kill him. That was a threat, see the difference?' Tyrion walked back down to Jill and he offered her hand. She locked eyes with him before grabbing his hand.

"You are the bravest idiot I've ever met." Jill told him a smile tugging at her lips as she reached out for Sansa. "Thank you, Tyrion." Jill whispered.

"Well I do recall you saying me slapping princes turned you on." Tyrion recalled and Jill's face scrunched up.

"I don't think that's what I said." Jill said slowly.

"But you were thinking it." Tyrion offered. Jill's head tipped back and forth in contemplation.

"It's not a turn off." Jill offered. Sansa was still shaking in Jill's arms. She didn't know how Jill was being so calm. She took a beating and yet she found the strength to smile.

'I do apologize for my nephews behavior..." Tyrion told them. "Lady Sansa, tell me the truth do you want an end to this engagement?'

'I am loyal to King Joffrey my one true love.' Sansa said obediently.

'Lady stark you may survive us yet.' Tyrion remarked. "Are you alright Snow?" She nodded.

"I got thicker skin than this one." Jill remarked nodding to Sansa. He looked to the bruise already forming on her cheek. The blood that trickled from the corner of her lip and Jill noticed his gaze, she peaked her tongue out smearing the red across her lip.