21. Midnights

'I wanted you to show you what we will be digging for, the caves before we started.' Jon said leading Dany through the caves towards the dragon glass. He lit the torch lighting the path ahead of them.

'Well this is it, all we will ever need' Jon told her 'there is something else I wanted to show you your grace' They continued deeper into the cave. Carvings drawings and ruins scattered the cave walls. Danny could hear Jill's voice echoing through the cave. Her laugh bounced off the walls. 

'The children of the forest made these'

'When?'

'Very long time ago' Jon told her

'They were right here standing where we are standing before there were Targaryen's and starks and Lannister's maybe even before they were men...' dany said looking around the walls.

'No' Jon told her and continued deeper into the cave she followed him 'they were here together the children and the first men'

'Doing what? fighting each other?' dany questioned Drawings of men women and children across the walls standing peacefully together.

'They fought together against a common enemy' a drawing of white walkers engraved in the walls. 'they came together and put aside their differences... fought together' jon corrected her. 'The enemy is real' Jon told her 'it's always been real' they looked at the White Walkers carved into the wall.

'And you say you can't defeat them without my arms and my dragons?'

'I don't think I can' jon admitted. "Jill is overly confident at times but, it would be close to impossible." he admitted. 

'I will fight for you. I will fight for the north... when you and your sister bend the knee' she informed him

'My people won't accept the southern women not after everything they have suffered'

'they will if their kingdoms depend on it. they chose you to lead them they chose you to protect them, isn't their survival is more important than your pride?' Dany sneered walking off. 

"You hear that Jill?"

"Yep." Jill agreed. "What are we going to do?"

"I meant what I said." Jon told her. 

"Then fuck her!" Jill declared. "Not literally, but we take the dragon glass and we get the fuck out of here."

"SHe has our ships." Jon reminded her. 

"I am already working on that." Jill remarked and Jon stared back at her. "The less you know the better," Jill told him. "plausible deniability." Jill added patting his back as she headed out. 

"Where are you going?" 

"Keep working Jon, I'm the mastermind, I dont do the heavy lifting." Jill countered. 

"DOn't you want to be bejeweled with this dragonglass?" Jon retorted. 

"I have someone I need to see." Jill told him. 

"Oh... look at that maroon blush creeping up your neck Jilly." 

"I can't it's impossible to look at ones own neck without a mirror." Jill told him. 

"You know he is her bitch." Jon reminded Jill. 

"She is-"

"The villain." Jon answered. 

"Let's call her an anti hero for now?" Jill offered. "We are trying- right we are trying to get her help or is my way happening?"

"What vigilante shit do you have running through that labyrinth of a mind of yours?" Jon begged.