33. Bloodline

Tyrion went to find Jill. She was flopped face first into her bed. Screaming into the blankets. 

"Snow..." Tyrion whispered closing the door behind him. 

"Tyrion..." Jill whimpered. 

"What happened?" 

"My life is a lie but we are all going to die so why should I even care!" Jill offered flopping back down. 

"Snow talk to me.

"My life is a lie." Jill whimpered. "I don't want to believe what Bran said but..." Jills teeth chattered as the door pushed open. 

"He told you?" Jon asked and Jill nodded, her face a range of conflicting emotions. "Excuse us lord Tyrion." Jon demanded and Tyrion nodded to them as he headed out. 

"What the fuck!" Jill declared hugging Jon as the door closed. 

"I don't know what to believe." JOn whispered. 

"Jon, he said-"

"I know what he said. I just don't understand. I don't believe." 

"Yes you do." Jill countered. "Or else you would be calm and collected and wouldnt be a fucking mess like me." 

"Jill, what are we going to do?" 

+

'That's what death is, isn't it? forgetting... Forgotten... If we forget who we are where we come from we are not men anymore.' Sam told them 'just animals. your memories don't come from books, your stories are not just stories...'

'we gotta take out the night king.'

' he can find me.' bran said. 'His mark is always on me,' Bran said showing them the burns on his arms from when he was grabbed in a vision. Jill leaned back in Bran's lap, her mind still spiraling, her words lost on her.

'We will put you in the crypt where it's safest.' Jon told Bran

'No we have to draw him out or his army kills us all. I will wait for him in the woods for him.' Bran told them.

'You want to use yourself as a bait?' Sansa asked

'We're not leaving you alone out there.' Arya told him

'I'll stay with him,' theon said 'with the iron born. I took this castle from you once, let me defend you now.'

"I will stay with Bran." Jill whispered closing her eyes. Tyrion had never seen her like this. She seemed so broken. He wanted to help her but he didnt know how. He didnt know what was wrong and she wouldnt tell him. She barely spoke, barely ate, she talked to Jon and Bran and stayed in her chambers.

'We will hold off the rest of them for the rest as we can' Davos said

'Ser Davos and I will be on the top to give you the signal went to light the trench' tyrion told them.

'Ser Davos is perfectly capable of waving a torch on his own, you will be in the crypt.' Daenerys told Tyrion

'Your grace I have fought before I can do it again, along with the men and women risking their lives.' Tyrion reminded her

'There are thousands of them and only one of you. You cannot fight as well as they can, but you can think better than any of them... you're here because of your mind if you survive, if we survive I will need it.' Daenerys told him. Tyrion looked to Jill expecting her to be sarcastic and declare don't be an idiot I like your head where it is, have a tea party in the crypts with your loving wife sansa but she didnt. She sat leaning into Bran, her eyes closed, slow breaths exhaling out her nose.