23. Beautiful Beasts

Sequel central - New Stories for Aemond, Aegon, Tywin, Tormund out now!!

'They are beautiful aren't they?' dany questioned, she pet the wing of her dragon softly before moving closer to Jon.

'It wasn't the word I was thinking of but... but yes they are' Jon said 'gorgeous beasts'

'They are not beast to me.' danny told him insulted. 'no matter how big they get or terrifying they are to everyone else they are my children'

'You weren't gone long'

'No.'

'And?'

'I have fewer enemies than I did yesterday... You don't feel good about that though do you?'

'No I'm not happy about that' jon told her, Jill would have words to say. Many, strong words to say. He was glad she wasnt out here. THe last thing he needed was for Jill to lose her head over this.

'How many men did your army kill on taking back Winterfell from the Boltons?'

'Thousands'

'We both want to help people we can only help them from a position of strength sometimes strength is terrible when you first came here ser davvos said you took a knife in the heart for your people.'

'He gets carried away'

'So it's a figure of speech?' Danny questioned but heard the thump of footsteps approaching, looking to the dothraki pushing forward a man... Jorah.

'He is a friend' danny told them her jaw dropping. Jorah Mormont dropped his knee before her.

'you're Grace' he said

'Jon snow, this is Jorah Mormont.' Danny introduced them

'I served for your father' jon told him

'You look strong you found a cure?'

'I would not have returned if I hadn't and I request that I returned your service If you will have me' he begged.

'It would be my honor' Danny said and she kissed his cheek.

+

'What did she do?" Jill questioned. Tyrion swallowed the lump in his throat. 'Tyrion,' Jill urged. 'what did she do?" 

'She burned them, father and son because they refused to bend the knee.' He told her honestly but he couldn't look at her as he said it. 'I couldn't stop her.' Tyrion added. Jill took his face in her hands and gently lifted his face to hers.

'You cant control everything. She is of fire and blood, it is in her nature.' Jill reminded him.

"But she doesn't want to be like her father.' Tyrion reminded her. 

"That's why we won't bend." Jill reminded him. "We see that she is like her father, you are too close to this." Jill informed Tyrion. 

"I'm not, I'm helping guiding." Tyrion offered. 

"And did you help guide those men to an early grave?" Jill offered gently. 

"Do you think all Targaryen's are fire and blood?" Tyrion asked. 

"She is the last of them." Jill countered. "So, yeah."

"I thought, I still think she can do good." Tyrion offered. 

"I think you believe that." Jill agreed. Tyrion stared back at her. She pat his head before turning around but he reached for her hand stopping her. 

"Where are you going?" Tyrion asked. 

"We are not going to bend." Jill told him again. "I'm not letting Jon burn standing to close to the flames."

"SHe has your-"

"I know. But I'm sneaky remember?" Jill offered kneeling before him. "I like you Tyrion, I like you a lot. But if the woman you are putting this much faith in after she burned who knows how many men, just doing their jobs... I don't know that i can trust your judgement." 

"Jill." Her face pinched as he said it. "What? What was that look?" 

"You called me Jill." She remarked standing up. 

"It is your name." Tyrion retorted. 

"You always call me Snow." she said as she headed out. "I don't think I like Jill coming from you." she remarked. 

"Why is that?" Tyrion countered following after her. 

"Makes it seem like... I don't know." 

"Yes you do." Tyrion countered. "Tell me."

"Makes it seem like, we are just like everyone else." Jill offered. Tyrion stared back at her. "Like I'm Jill. You are Tyrion. Two people, could be strangers, could be acquaintances, could be ships passing in the night." Tyrion nodded slowly, semi understanding. "I don't know, I'm jill and Jilly with everyone, it just felt different, you calling me Snow." she offered heading off. 

Tyrion knew that she was proud to be a Snow. A Snow of Ned Stark. A Snow of winterfell. He didnt realize however what a strong connection she had made with him calling her Snow until right now. 

He liked that she thought Snow was special. That him calling her Snow was something special. Something that made them special. Not strangers, not acquaintances, not ships passing, something more than a one night lover he hoped. 

+

'All rulers demand that people bend the knee that's why they are rulers' Tyrion told varys sipping his wine. 'she gave him a choice. the man took up arms against her what else could she do?' But Jill's words echoed in his mind still. Something about Jill was intoxicating. 

'Not burn him alongside his son" varys offered.

'I am her hand not her head.' Tyrion Reminded him 'I cannot make her decisions for her'

'That's what I used to tell myself about her father. I found the traitors but I wasn't the one burning them alive' varys said. 'That's what I told myself when I heard them beg for mercy I'm not the one doing it as the pitch of theirs screams rose higher, i'm not the one doing it. as the smell of the burning flesh filled the throne room... I am not the one doing it'

'Daenerys is not her father'' Tyrion reminded him

'And she never will be with the right counsel. you need to find a way to make her listen.' Varys said tapping a not in his hands. "The Snow twins don't like her either." 

"Jill doesnt like many," Tyrion countered. 'Who's that for?' Tyrion asked looking at the note.

'Jon and Jill Snow.'

'Did you read it?'

'It's a sealed scroll for the king in the north.' Varys told him

'What's it say?' Tyrion pushed,

'nothing good' varys said.

'come on then, lets get this over with.'