13. Broke Her Too

'Then send an emissary. Don't go yourself.'

'Daenerys is a queen. Only a king can convince her to help us. It has to be me.' Jon told them

"Us, I'm claiming myself queen by proxy." Jill informed them. "What? He is my twin, it seems logical to me."

+

'You need to eat some thing.' shae told Sansa 'pigeon pie?' she offered

'No thank you.' shae looked around

'Lemon cakes that is your favorite.' shae put it in front of her.

'No thank you.' Sansa repeated dully.

'You love lemon cakes!' shae reminded her 'please tell her she needs to eat!' shae told Tyrion as he came up to them. he looked over to sansa

'My lady you do need to eat.' Tyrion encouraged

'I do not need to eat.' she corrected.

'If I could have a moment alone with my wife.' the other handmaiden left while shae stayed at sansa's side. Tyrion pleaded with her silently to give them a moment, begrudgingly shae left.

'she needs to eat.' she called over her shoulder.

"Where is your sister?" Tyrion asked.  Sansa shrugged. 'I cannot let you starve I swore to protect you.' tyrion told her 'my lady... I am your husband whether you like me or not. Let me help you.'

'How can you help me?' Sansa spat.

'I don't know but I can try.' Tyrion offered.

'I've been awake all night staring at the canopy thinking about how they died.' Sansa informed him.

'I could get you the essence of nightshade to help you sleep.' tyrion offered

'Do you know what they did to my brother? How they sewed his dire wolfs head onto his body and my mother they say they cut her throat to the bone....' Sansa spat. "Jill is good at putting on a brave face but your family has pushed her, pushed us too far." Sansa hissed. "You broke her too." Tyrion sighed, knowing she was right.

'What happened to your family was a terrible crime I did not know your brother but he seems like a good man your mother on the other hand I admired her.... she wanted to have me executed but I admired her. She was a strong woman and she was fierce when it came to protecting her children.' sansa nodded a tear falling down her face 'Sansa... Your mother would want you to carry on you know it is true.'

'would you pardon me my Lord I need to visit the sept.' sansa said getting up.

'Of course I hear prayer can be-'

'No my Lord I do not pray anymore it is the only place I can go with people don't talk to me.' she told him walking away.

+

Jill heard the crunch of sand coming up behind her. She didn't have to turned to know it was Tyrion.

''Your nephew is a monster.'' Jill whispered. ''If he ever ends up dead... it was me.'' Tyrion laughed laying back on the sand. 'I'm serious.''

''Oh I know you are.'' Tyrion agreed as she lay back tipping her head into him. ''Can I help?''

''Oh yes.'' Jill agreed immediately. ''How shall we do it? We gotta be sneaky if we want to keep our heads.''

''Sneaky. Yes.'' Tyrion agreed.

''But I also want him to know its me. I want it to be bloody and I want his head- oh!'' A smile crept up jills teary face.

''I like that look.'' Tyrion remarked. ''What is going through that gorgeous head of yours?''

''Quartered.'' Jill said simply and Tyrion watched her smile get bigger. He didnt even notice his own smile growing as well. She just made him smile so easily. A long moment passed just staring at each other before tyrion leaned in closer

''Can I ride one of the horses?'' He whispered breathing in her breath.

''Yes.''

+

"Martells are here." Tyrin remarked and Jill glanced back at him.

"Another prince to look down at a bastard like me?" Jill mused.

"He brought a mistress." Tyrion countered. "A Sand."

"Oh." Jill said straightening up.

"Thought you would like that." Tyrion agreed. "You are always out here." Tyrion remarked.

"I can think out here." Jill informed him.

"What are you thinking about Snow?" Tyrion asked softly.

"An escape plan." Jill admitted.

"Can I come with?" Tyrion asked.

"I would like that." Jill agreed.

"yeah?" Tyrion was surprised. Grateful but surprised.

"About what you said... before." Jill said vaguely.

"I say a lot of things." Tyrion reminded her. "You are going to have to be more specific." Tyrion offered.

"About... when..." Jill didnt want to say it out loud.

"Something about us being vulnerable?" Tyrion offered and Jill nodded not able to look at him. "I was wondering when you were going bring that up." Tyrion admitted.

Her lips twisted as her heels dug into the sand. Her eyes drifted to him.

"I figured my confession scared you away when you didnt say anything for a while." Tyrion admitted.

"It did scare me." Jill agreed and Tyrion nodded swallowing the lump in his throat. Great, he opened up and he was losing her.

"It scared me, because I think I fell for you too." Jill told him. Tyrion's eyes went wide as he nodded. This was good, better than her running. "It... scared me, because everyone I love is killed. Slaughtered, massacred..." Jill sighed curling her legs to her sitting criss cross as she turned to face him. "My father, my brothers... and besides you are married to my sister now..." Jill added through a pained smile.

"I love you Jill Snow." Tyrion whispered his voice traveling out over the waters. "I fell in love with you. I fell so easily because you unlike anyone I ever met. You are this magnificent woman, strong and empowered... you are brave, braver than me. Protective... you put yourself in harms way for your sister time and time again. I want... I wish things were different, I know they can't be but..." Tyrion met her gaze. "I do love you and you knowing that is enough. Knowing that you fell for me too, that can be enough." Tyrion offered.

"It's not enough." Jill corrected leaning forward her lips capturing his. He pulled her into him as he leaned back in the sand. His hand tangled in her hair, keeping her lips on him. But that moment was just a moment. Just a kiss to remember.

That would have to be enough too. But it wasn't. It kept jill up that night.