26. Last Life

'You still mad at us boy' thoros asked gendry as he trudged along.

'You sold me to a witch' he reminded them. That wasn't something you just let go.

'To a priestess' Beric corrected.

"Oh a fancy word for witch." Jill remarked. 

"Priestess." Beric repeated. 

"Witch." Jill repeated nodding to Gendry.

'I will admit there is a fine distinction.' Thoros admitted.

'We were in a war and was cost money' Beric told him.

'I wanted to join the brotherhood and you sold me off like a slave! do you know what she did to me? she strapped me down on the bed stripped me naked-'

'Doesn't sound so bad' Sandor said grinning

'she put leeches on me!' gendry went on.

"Gross." Jill remarked. 

'Was she naked too?' sandor questioned

'While she drained you of your blood?' beric asked.

'Yes, but She wanted to kill me!' gendry exclaimed.

'But she didn't so what are you bitching about?' sandor said and gendry looked at him appalled as if being sold and almost killed, sucked of your blood was no big deal.

'I'm not bitching.' Gendry informed him.

"Your lips are moving and you're complaining, stop bitching about it, you're alive. This one has been killed 6 times and you don't hear him bitching about it.' Sandor told him marching away. Thoros offered gendry a drink he took it, before the continued on their way. A peace offer of sorts.

'good lad.' Thoros said marching ahead.

"Wait what?" Jill questioned looking to Beric. "what are you?"

"just a man with a mission." Beric offered. 

"He's a cunt." Sandor called back. 

"That comes back from the dead?" jill asked. 

"I killed him once." Sandor told her. "That was fun. Him coming back, that was shit." 

++

'My father was the most honorable man I ever met then he was butchered.' Jon told Jorah. 'Your father gave me this sword changed the changed the head from a bear to a wolf but its still yours. No one ever thought you would come back but now that you are back it's not right for me to have this.' Jon handed over his sword to Jorah.

'He gave it to you' Jorah told him

'I'm not his son' Jon reminded him.

'I brought shame to my house' Jorah told him honestly 'I broke my father's heart I forfeited the right to claim this sword' he handed it back to Jon 'it is yours let it serve you well, give it to your children after you.' Jorah instructed.

"If you dont want it..." Jill said reaching out for it. "I always wanted Valyrian steel." Jill reminded him. "Honest if you want it off your hands, I would be glad to help."

+++++++++

'Fuck off' Sandor muttered, tormond was a persistent man.

'They told me you were mean bear or you just hate Wildlings?' tormond questioned pestering sandor. He just grumbled. 'What you dont like wilding?' Tormund questioned obnoxiously

'Gingers.' sandor corrected

'so its wildling gingers?' Tormund questioned.

'I don't give two shits about Wildlings,' sandor informed him. 'Its gingers, ginger cunts like you that I hate.'