35. Love Back

'Think of the past 20 years, all the pain and misery because robert baratheon loved someone that didnt love him back.' Tyrion told varys

'How many others know?'

'Including us nine'

'It's no longer a secret anymore it's a handful of people that know soon everyone will know.'

'She loses the north she loses the deal.'

'He has a better claim to the throne' varys informed him

'He does not want the throne' Tyrion told him. "Jill doesnt want Daenarys to have the throne. She wants her brother to have it."

'it does not matter what jon snow wants.' Varys told him. 'I'm not sure it matters what he wants, because people are drawn to him Northman, free folk he is a war hero.' varys told him. "They trust the Snow twins."

'He loves our queen and she loves him dearly,' tyrion reminded him 'If they married they could rule together'

'She is his aunt' Varys reminded

'That never stopped a Targaryen before.' Tyrion added.

'But Jon grew up in Winterfell it is less than common in the north. You know our queen better than I do, do you think she really wants to share the throne have her authority questioned?' varys asked "Jillian already pushes her luck, steps over boundaries, you think our queen will let that stand?" 

"Snow will..." Tyrion sighed knowing Varys was right. 

'I worry about her state of mind.' Varys added.

'We are advisers to the queen, worrying about her state of mind is our job,' tyrion reminded him. 'We still have to take Kings Landing maybe cersei will win, that would solve our problems.' tyrion reminded him

"Will it though?"

"The Snows are... ambitious. They are powerful and strong and brave. They will fight for what's right." Tyrion remarked. 

"You still think that is daenarys?" Varys countered. 

+

'Do you believe we are here for a reason?' Daenerys asked 'I am here to free the world from tyrants that is my destiny and I will serve it no matter what the cost.' she informed him

'It could be a fortnight before Jon, Jill and their army make it to Kings Landing... offer Cersei her life in order for her surrender, if there is a chance to avoid slaughter we should take it.' Tyrion told her.

'Speaking to your sister will not stop the slaughter but perhaps it is good that the people see that Daenerys stormborn has offered every chance at peace and that Cersei Lannister denied them that. They should know who to blame when the sky falls down upon them.'

+

'I have worked under tyrants my whole life' varys told tyrion 'they always believe in destiny.'

'She was a girl that walked into the fire with three stones and came out a woman with three dragons' tyrion reminded him 'how could she not believe in destiny?'

'you think her a tyrant?' tyrion questioned.

'And there's the problem of Jon and Jillian Snow' varys went on 'Perhaps it is actually a solution you know them both who do you think would make a better ruler?'

'He does not want The throne that is why he bent the knee.' Tyrion reminded him.

'He is a rightful heir and he is a man.'

'Joffrey was a man he had a cock and it didn't matter didn't make him a good king.' Tyrion recalled.

'It gives him a better claim though.' Varys said. "His sister will fight for her brothers claim over Daenarys, you know that. You know her, she is fiercely protective. She will protect her family and her home."

'At a certain point in time you fight for the person you believe in.' tyrion told him softly. 

'Even if it is a mistake?'

+

'Whenever a Targaryen is born the gods flip a coin in the world holds its breath' varys told jon and Jill.

"What about twins. Is it one coin or two? If its one I suppose Jon is the level headed one and I'm out for blood." Jill mused. 

"Jilly." Jon begged. 

"Just a question." Jill offered innocently.

'What do you want?' Jon demanded Varys.

'A rightful heir on the throne' Varys answered

'I don't want it I never have.' Jon told him

"I want Jon to have it." Jill corrected.

'I have known more kings and queens than any man I've seen what they do in front of the crowds and the shadows but what I tell you now is true, you will the rule wisely while she-'

'She is my queen!' Jon told him storming off. 

"She is a queen." Jill remarked watching Jon go. "She will never be the queen." Jill corrected. 

"Do you want it?" Varys pondered. 

"No." Jill answered without hesitation. "But I don't want Cersei or Daenarys to have it. Jon is a good option. I think we all see that but are too scared to face it head on." 

"Go on." Varys encouraged. 

"I love my brother. He is my best friend but his vision is clouded. I see things clearly now"

"What do you see?" Varys asked. 

"I will do what needs to be done." Jill told him. "I wont bend and I won't let her turn the north into a puddle."