25. Beyond

Dancing with our hands tied // Jon Snow out now!!

"I don't want you to go." Tyrion told Jill.

"I'm not letting Jon go on a monster hunt without me." Jill informed him.

"You know I have a lot of plans for us." Tyrion remarked.

"Oh?"

"Yes. Dying in the frozen north is not part of those plans." He added.

"I'm not dying." Jill said confidently.

"No?" Tyrion mused. "Well that is certainly a relief, I can breathe again."

"I'm serious." Jill told him. "I am going to capture a walker and when she turns out to be the person I think she is-" Jill nodded to Dany. "-I might just slay a dragon."

"Jilly-" Tyrion began and Jill opened her mouth to answer but a laugh escaped her instead.

"Did you get invited to a Jilly Jamboree?" Jill mused.

"Live long enough so I can." Tyrion suggested.

"At my funeral, I don't want anyone to be sad, I want them to be singing about a jilly jamboree."

"You are not dying." Tyrion reminded her.

"Not today but one day, we all die." Jill reminded him.

"We do." Tyrion agreed softly. "But there is a lot more living for us to do, together hopefully before that day comes." She dropped to her knees.

"Then kiss me so I have something warm to hold onto." Jill requested pulling him to her.

+

'How many queens are there?'

'Two' jon answered.

'And you need to convince the one with dragons or the one that fucks her brother?'

'Both' jon answered.

"Or, a better thought," Jill offered. "We just kill them both and start fresh!"

"I like her." Tormund purred.

"Don't bother, Tyrion beat you to it." Jon remarked.

"The imp?" Tormund tsked. "No, you need a real man."

"We are not talking about my possibly love life," Jill reminded them. "We are going on a monster hunt!"

++

'scouts found them a mile south of the wall said they were on their way here...'

''Hey I know you,' jon said looking around the group. 'You're the hound..." He grumbled glancing over at Jon. 'I saw you once at winterfell.'

"Sandor?" Jill asked peering in.

"Snow." Sandor said getting up.

'they want to go beyond the wall to.' Tormund told jon. the rest of the brotherhood waking as well.

'we don't want to go beyond the wall, we have to.' beric told them. 'Our Lord told us that the great war is coming.' Beric told him

'Don't trust him, don't trust any of them.' Gendry said stepping forward 'they are the brotherhood and the last thing their Lord told them to do was sell me to a red witch to be murdered!'

'Thoros, look who it is.' beric said in Thoros leaned forward

'Boy?' thoros grinned

'Last time i spoke to a fire worshipper i was sold to the red woman! They sold me!' gendry shouted.

"Sandor are you with Fire fuckers?" Jill laughed out her head tipping back. "Oh honey, how far you have fallen."

"Jill." Sandor grumbled.

'Boy? I hardly recognized you' Thoros said grinning at gendry he shot him a glare though. 'Anything to drink down here I haven't been feeling like myself'

'You are a fucking mormont like the rest of them. Like the last Lord Commander.' Tormund was busy shouting at Jorah while gendry shouted at Beric.

'He was my father.' Jorah told him

'He hunted us like animals.' Tormund told him

'You returned the favor as I recall.' Jorah reminded him.

"I forgot how much fun this was.' Jill told Jon. "I mean the shouting and yelling and i'm right, no i'm right back and forth, as though we didnt get enough of it. I need to get you a crown so people stop thinking they are in charge." Jill remarked. Jon chuckled shaking his head. "What you would look good in a crown."

'OK we all are at the edge of the world at the same moment heading in the same direction for the same reason.' Beric spoke up. 

'Our reasons are not yours' davvos said

'It does not matter what we think our reasons are.' beric told them 'there is a greater purpose at work and we serve it together whether we mean it or not we take the steps but the Lord of light-'

'Shut the fuck up' sandor said 'are we coming with you or not?'

'Don't you wanna know what we're doing?' jorah questioned.

'better than sitting in a freezing cell waiting to die.' Sandor told them.

'He is right... we are on the same side.' Jon told them

'how can they be?' gendry questioned incredulously.

'we are all breathing.' Jon confirmed opening the door.

"Sandor! Hey bud." Jill said smiling up at him. 

"I bet you wish you came with me now." Sandor told her sarcastically. 

"Oh yeah, living trapped in a cell is a dream of mine." Jill agreed nudging him with her shoulder. 

As the gate opened at the wall it was a blizzard outside. they headed out snow so thick they could barely see what was ahead of them they were going to catch a white Walker. It seemed like forever when the snow stopped flurrying around them and the sun came out but it was still bitterly cold.

'Ever been north before?' Jon asked Gendry as he shook uncontrollably.

'I've never seen snow before' Gendry admitted.

'How did you get up here? Did you get your balls frozen off?' tormond questioned

They walked and walked and walked and tormond liked to talk.

'You know there is not a woman within a hundred miles of here.' Tormund said looking around the vacant snowy land. "Except that beautifully sassy creature." he said nodding to Jill. 

'Probably not another living person within a few hundred miles as well!' Jon called back to them.

'We gotta make due with what we got' Tormond said grinning. 'This one's maybe not so smart' tormond said looking to a frozen gendry as he fell behind.

'Davvos says he's a good fighter' jon told him

'Good smart people don't make these stupid hikes in the middle of nowhere' tormond said laughing 'So this dragon queen...'

'She wants me to bend the knee'

'You spend too much time with the free people and now you don't bend the knee... the king on the wall never bent the knee and how many of his people died for his pride?' tormond questioned

"No." Jill corrected. "We are smarter than that." 

"Smarter not to bend?" 

"Blindly following someone that has a tendency to set fires and burn people to ash... tell me Tormund, does that sound like someone you want to follow?" 

"I mean better than being the one burned." Tormund mused. 

"I could never follow a person like her." Jill corrected. "I have high standards."

"Say the woman fucking a dwarf."