9. Trap

'Have you forgotten what happened to our grandfather?' sansa reminded him. 'The Mad King invited him to King's Landing –'

'and roasted him alive!'

'- I know that. She is here to reclaim the Iron Throne and the Seven Kingdoms. The North is one of those seven kingdoms.' Jon told her.

"If it is a trap, well I can add her head to the wall, we can claim dragonstone and invade cersei from both directions." Jill offered cheerily.

'This isn't an invitation; it's a trap.'

+

'My sister request you take care with her in the Gardens.' Loras said coming up to sansa.

'Thank you Ser loras.' Sansa said in a dreamy haze as she let Loras lead her away.

'You're such a dear,' Margaery said taking Sansa's hand.

'I will take my leave... Lady Sansa,' Loras said walking off.

'Thank you sir Loras,' Sansa said looking after him.

"yeah... thanks." Jill agreed.

"Be nice." Sansa whispered.

"I'm nice." Jill countered and Sansa gave her a pointed look. "I'm trying." Jill retorted.

'Come,' Margaery said leading Sansa and Jill to her grandmother. 'lady Sansa, Jillian... it is my honor to present my grandmother the lady Olenna of house Tyrell.'

'Kiss me child ,'she said holding out her hand for Sansa to kiss. 'it is so good of you to visit me in my foolish flock of hens. Very sorry for your losses.'

'And I was sorry when I heard of Lord Renly's death. Lady Margaery said he was very gallant.' Sansa told them.

'Gallant yes,' Olena agreed 'and charming and very clean he knew how to dress and smile and somehow this gave him the notion he was fit to be king''

"Takes a lot more than that." Jill agreed. "but I'm sure he was great at supper parties." Olenna chuckled nodding to Jill.

'And he was brave and gentle grandmother, father liked him so did Loras.' Margaery added.

'Loras is young and very good at knocking men off horses with a stick that does not make him wise as for your fat flower of a father-'

'Grandmother what will Sansa and Jillian think of us!' Margaery exclaimed.

'She might think we have some wits about us one of us at any rate.' Olenna said

"You are not what I expected Lady Olenna." Jill remarked.

"What were you expecting?" Olenna countered and Sansa pinched Jill's waist hoping her to hold her tongue.

"One of those prissy flowers, but you have thrones." Jill remarked and Olenna laughed out.

"Oh my sweet girl, you and I shall get on great!" Olenna declared and Sansa let out a deep breath of relief.  'Are you going to bring us our food are we going to starve to death?' Olenna called passed them to a server. 'Here Jill, Sansa, come sit with me. We've heard some troublesome tales is there any truth to them? Has this boy mistreated you?" Sansa stayed silent.

"Good luck and good riddance" Jill muttered. Sansa grabbed tight to her hand.

'Has he ripped out your tongue Sansa?" Olenna questioned.

'Joff- King Joffrey he... his grace is very fair and handsome and fit and as brave as a lion.' Sansa said nervously

"Pft." Jill scoffed out reaching across the table for some grapes and popping one in her mouth.