24. Best Chance

'I thought arya was dead I thought bran was dead' jon said reading over the letter from the north. Arya had arrived at winterfell.

"My little fighter." Jill declared taking the note from him. "All our lessons paid off." She hugged Jon tight but a look of worry covered both their faces at the realization. Their family was at winterfell. They were here...

'I'm happy for you. You don't look happy though' danny said looking over their worried expressions.

'I saw the night king marching to the wall if they make it past the wall my family is not safe!' jon told her

'The wall has stood tall for years-'

'We need to go home' Jill declared.

'You said you don't have enough men to fight this army alone.' Dany reminded them stiffly. 

'We will fight them with what we have.' Jon told her stubbornly. 'Unless you join us'

'And give the country to Cersei?' dany scoffed 'As soon as I march away she marches in.'

"We don't need her." Jill whispered. "She is a pompous arrogant brat. Our family needs us." Jon nodded in agreement and Dany stared over at them trying to hear their whispered schemes. 

'Perhaps not.' Tyrion offered. 'If Cersei thinks the army of the dead is nothing but stories what if we prove her wrong.'

''I don't think she will come see the dead at my invitation' jon said.

"Mine perhaps, we are the best of friends." Jill mused. 

'Then bring the dead to her' Tyrion offered. 

'I thought that we were trying to avoid-' Jill began. 

'Just one soldier is that possible?' Tyrion questioned. 

"I mean... walker hunt?" Jill asked Jon. 

'Bring one of these things to Kings Landing and show her the truth!' Tyrion said

'Anything you bring back will be useless if cersei does not give you permission to enter the castle she will kill us all.' Varys reminded

'She only listens to one person my brother Jaime and he will listen to me.' Tyrion said although after he killed his own father he didn't know if that was true.

'And if she kills you instead?" Jill countered. 'I don't like that idea.'

'And how do you plan to get into kings landing?'

'I can smuggle you in' Davvos said 'but I warn you I am not a fighter if the redcoats recognize you...'

'No, No, no.' Jill said shaking her head. 'not worth the risk.' JIll told him but Tyrion knew, hoped, Jaime wouldn't kill him. He grabbed her hand reassuringly. "This is a shit idea and thats coming from me." Jill told him honestly. 

'With the Queens permission I will go north and find one of the white walkers.' Jorah said 'you asked me to go and find a cure so I could serve you let me serve you' he begged her.

'You only just survived that curse, are you strong enough?' Danny questioned

'Let me do this for you.' Jorah told her softly.

'The free folk will help us' Jon told her.

"Ah Tormund, the big oaf." Jill agreed. "He will love a monster hunt."

'You cannot lead a raid behind the wall'

'I am the only one here that has fought them and the only one Here that knows.' Jon told him.