Chapter Four

-Misty's P.O.V.-

The weekend flew after that, it was Monday before I could blink twice. Sad the weekend was now out of my grasp I headed to school early for my 8 o' clock class. The bus ride was slow and a bit crowded and I blocked out all the noise with my music on my phone and tried to enjoy the morning even when I knew I was not a morning person. I got off the bus a stop early as I usually did to grab my fuel for the rest of the day. I pushed the doors to the Grind N'Bend and as suspected long lines with impatient people.

A girl co-worker who's name was Paige looked up smiled at me. "Please tell me you're here to help?" She asked.

I shook my head. "Sorry I have class." I responded.

Lazaro who was finishing up a customers order gave me a quick smirk and slid me my coffee and a cookie for the heck of it.

"Thanks, Larz." I blew him a kiss and he smiled pretending to catch it.

"See you later." He called out.

I nodded and finished the block that separated me from ISU. Indiana State University was a big school. It had many buildings and areas that I'm pretty sure I haven't seen or heard of yet. Students ran and brushed by either heading to their class or coming from it, despite the fact of the people I felt comfortable around here. This was one of the reasons I decided to come here, the reason I worked my ass off to get a full ride here but it was all worth it because I met some amazing friends and was taking care of myself.

My aunt was so ecstatic to hear about my scholarship she took me out to dinner. My mother was invited but she didn't show up, so it was just me, her, my uncle, and grandma. I didn't flinch when she didn't show up, I was used to that type of behavior ever since I was old enough to think for myself she's been up and around traveling everywhere without me. Every time she was at home she would ignore me like I wasn't there. I spent most of my days over at my aunt's house ignoring the fact that my family was a failure.

Where was my dad? I still ask the same question to this day. Even as I asked my auntie Jacqueline she would get uncomfortable and tell me that she didn't have a clue, that my mother knew something about it. Whenever I went up to ask my mother where my father was she'd give me this nasty snarl and tell me to, quote: "Get out my face, child!"

As a kid I was pretty lonely, I didn't have much friends the ones I did have left me because I wasn't as social as them...I preferred to stay home where it was silent and work on my puzzles and school of course because I was a complete nerd. I met Chrishell when I was in the second grade, I was sitting by myself at the play table working on a 300 piece puzzle (I was already good like that) and she walked up to me. Chrishell was completely different from me. She was crazy. I was not. She was outgoing. I was not. She made friends easily. I didn't. She let her hair out. I didn't dare. She had pretty brown eyes and I hid mine behind my glasses. As I tried to get one piece for the side of what was suppose to be a winter house chimney, she spoke up.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

I was surprised because no one spoke to me much I looked up at her,"Puzzles." I stated.

She nodded her head like she understood and sat down opposite from me. "Can I play?" She asked.

I gave her a confused look; people like her didn't play puzzles with girls like me.

"You'll think it's boring." I said looking back down at my semi-finished picture.

She shook her head. "No, I won't...not if I do with a friend." She said.