Chapter Five

-Misty's P.O.V-

"Jesus, what took you so long we were about to eat without you." Chrishell complained as I threw my bag on the floor and hopped on the couch along with my friends eyeballing the five guys with beastly eyes.

"Sorry, you may chow down peasants." I slumped down onto the couch and grabbed my portion of the meal, as everyone fought over the fries and extra sauce. 

I gobbled down my burger with no problems and the room was full of the television blaring and the sound of silence, it was only for a minuet because Alex began to speak up again.

"So are you going to tell me who gave you the ride today?" She asked.

Damn, so she isn't going to let this go huh?

"You got a ride from somebody?" Tess asked covering her mouth before the food spurted out. Chrishell eyed me from the side of the room confusingly.

I shrugged like it wasn't a problem. "Jayden just gave me a ride from the coffee shop, no biggie." I stated.

The room filled with silence and I curiously glanced up to make sure they weren't making faces or getting any ideas. I didn't need any of that I could take care of myself I was doing it since I was young, and I'm still doing it now.

Alex cleared her throat. "Was Jenna in there?" She asked.

I looked over at her curiously, "You know her?" I asked.

She nodded her head absently. "Unfortunately." She replied.

I smirked. "She seemed nice...with all the indirect rude comments, and forcefully inviting her boyfriend to frat parties." I said sarcastically.

Alex looked irritated, her teeth was clenched and her eyes were closed as if she was trying to calm herself and think rationally.

"What's wrong, Alex?" Chrishell asked noticing her sudden change in mood.

She took a deep breath. "Jenna and I aren't exactly the coolest of people...we had a couple of "issues" for a couple of years." She said.

"So you've known each other for a long time?" I asked.

"Since high school she's been a bitch there and she still is now." She finished her burger and began downing her soda.

"I heard she was president of Alpha Chi Omega." Chrishell commented.

I nodded. "Yeah she said something about being in a sorority, she asked me if I was in one and I told her no." I said.

"She was probably trying to get you to join...rush is almost coming up." Alex stated.

I made a face. "As if, she saw me as more of a threat than a recruit." I crossed my arms over my chest in a huff.

"Besides, I'm not even into Greek life like that...forced friendships parties all the time." I added. Alex pouted and flashed a look of hurt.

I frowned suddenly sad that she was upset; Tess touched my shoulders.

"What's the deal anyway Alex, you're not even in a sorority...right?" She asked.

She got up abruptly and walked over to her room door.

"No....I'm not."

-

The next morning came and I went about my business; I was on the bus drinking my coffee and heading to class. They went smoothly like they always did and everything seemed relatively normal. I was in my non "chemistry" classes and it was one of those general education classes you were supposed to take at this point in your college life.