Chapter Thirty-Two

- 1 week later-

-Misty's P.O.V.-

Before my eyes could blink twice, it was time to meet Jayden's parents. I can't stress how much this man talked about his parents, he got me so hyped up to meet them. Jayden was coming to get me from the Zeta house to pick his parents up from the airport, they were coming straight off the plane from Italy. As I got dressed I felt really paranoid and nervous all of a sudden. Again, I was excited to meet them but on the other hand. What if they didn't like me? Did they even know Jayden was dating a black girl?

I mean that wouldn't be a problem right?

God, I hoped it wasn't.

Jayden reassured me constantly that his parents would love me and of course I'd feel happy when he'd tell me that and I would go back to feeling happy, but then the creepy thoughts would crawl back into my head and it was back to pacing mode.

Like what was happening now. I was dressed fully in some black skinny jeans, a white camisole, and a cardigan over my shirt. Still, I couldn't help the nagging feeling and the anxiety that swept my body whenever I thought of someone rejecting me. As a matter of fact this would have to be the first time I've ever met my boyfriend's parents, I've never dealt with this kind of thing before.

The door knocked lightly and my heart jumped thinking it was Jayden coming to pick me up or something, and I was almost tempted to not respond but I did anyway, I opened the door and Tess was standing on the other side hands inside her sweatpants casually, smiling gently at me.

"Oh, hey girl come in." I said opening the door more ajar for her to come through. She came past me and plopped onto Alex's bed casually and I shut the door behind her.

"For a second I thought you were Jayden." I said going back to my dresser and finding a brush to brush my hair down a bit. I heard Tess move a bit behind me but I focused on hair making sure any frizz was tamed and put down.

"Why? You guys going somewhere?" She asked.

I nodded, "Yeah, we're going to meet his parents." I said.

Tess sighed. "Wow, that must be nice." She said.

I scoffed, "I mean if you want to be a nervous wreck like me, then yeah it is nice." I said to her. She didn't say anything for a moment. I only hear the sound of her ruffling around the bed, then another sigh.

"I know they are going to love you, everyone loves you...you're just too cute for words!" She chucked a pillow at me just as I turned around and it hit me in the face. When Tess realized this she busted out laughing and I smirked picking the pillow up and throwing it back at her which she just caught effortlessly in her hand.

"You are impossible." I commented to her.

She smiled. "Only for you, love." She winked.

I rolled my eyes and went back to checking my hair, running my hands through it one last time before I put down the brush and took a seat on my bed facing Tess. She still had the pillow in her hand and she was tapping gently on it, her mind seemed to be elsewhere despite the fact that she was talking right to me.

"You're lucky, Misty at least your boyfriend deems you worthy of meeting the people that brought him into the world, mine just finds me as a conquest." She said idle speaking to me or maybe she was just mumbling to herself and she didn't quite notice it. I couldn't tell much because her eyes were focused on a random spot on the rug that separated Alex and my bed's from each other.

"So what did Chase do this time?" I asked bluntly as I crossed my arms over my chest waiting to here what Tess had to say. It feels like I haven't been talking to her as much as I wanted to lately being with Jayden most of the time, then work, then school...it was like I was losing a bit of connection with my friends.