Chapter Nine

-Jayden's P.O.V-

"You won man can you at least smile and show that you are happy?" Ron patted my back as we headed towards the coffee shop near school. I secretly hopped that she was there and another part of me wished she wasn't. I was such a punk sometimes.

I couldn't even smile knowing that I won our Soccer game because I was too busy wondering if Misty was seriously mad at me or something. I saw as she passed our table with her friends, and I watched as Chase walked up to them, and I saw how they each hurried away in a different direction. Misty stayed and said something to Chase looking over at me for a quick second and then caught up with the rest of her friends. Chase was in a bad mood the rest of the day and so was I.

I guess it really hurt them what Jenna called Alexandra out and they weren't going to take that crap of us sitting around and doing absolutely nothing about it. So yeah, I couldn't put on a smile today because I was mad and pissed off at myself for not doing anything.

"Bro you can't hang yourself up on what happened yesterday, whats done is done." Ron said pretty wisely. I just wish it was that easy.

Ron watched my still debating expression and sighed. "Why are you still with her?" He asked me.

I turned to him. "With who?" I asked.

He gave me a look. "Jenna Lively your girlfriend, why are you still with her?" he repeated himself. If anyone could see through my bullshit it was Ron and it was kind of difficult to lie to him. I pushed some wet strands of hair away from my face.

"She's pretty." I suggested.

"So are Tess's friends." Ron added.

I cleared my throat. "I feel sorry for her." I said.

Ron rolled his eyes. "We all do." he commented.

By that time we already made it to the shop and I was seriously debating whether to go in or not but Ron was pushing me in despite.

"Is she there?" I asked Ron. He tisked at me and pulled me to the counter.

"Why are you hiding from Misty...I doubt she's going to eat your eyeballs for dinner or something." he laughed. "Maybe just one." He joked.

I frowned.

"Hey, Misty." Ron said abruptly.

My heart stopped for that brief second and I couldn't stop myself from turning to look at her face. She was smiling and I noticed she had a dimple on the left side of her cheek. She didn't seem angry here she was just sort of there.

"Hey." She back to Ron.

"How's it going?" Ron asked making conversation with her.

"Nothing just chilling...killing." She said making a reference to the Scream movie.

Ron laughed and started to order and I just stood there watching Misty take down the order. Her brow furrowed as she wrote it down on the cup and she seemed so focused.

Ron was nudging me and I turned to look at him. "What?" I asked him.

Ron shook his head disappointingly.

"Your order." Misty responded.

I was an idiot. And I looked like one too.

Ron was holding back his laughter and I mentally flipped him off. I gave her my order.

"Mocha-whip with cinnamon." I said.

She nodded. "I love mocha." She said.

"Me too." I agreed.