Chapter Sixteen

-Misty's P.O.V.-

"How long is this going to take? My arms hurt." Jayden complained under me. We were decorating the house for the welcoming sorority class coming in. I was putting up one of the cute Chinese decorations since we were going for an "Asian" theme. It was my idea because I remember from one of my foreign language classes I was taking that the Chinese had great delight and very sweet customs when it came to welcoming new family. Perfect for the 26 girls we accepted into Zeta Theta Nu. We had not only met the goal for the sorority but beat past it. It was during that tiny winter break we had that more of the bids came, we were surprised at the amount, then sad because we couldn't accept every single one of them. Besides that the place was coming together with the red and gold paper lanterns, pretty candles, and tablecloths.

"Quit complaining I thought you played sports?" I joked to Jayden.

He laughed a bit as he held me and we swayed a little. "I do...but holding girls over my shoulders isn't a sport." he said.

I stopped putting up decorations and looked down at him for a second. His mouth stopped complaining and he met my gaze as well. His dark features awe and struck me as they stared back at with such a intensity I thought I would fall off his shoulders.

"What?" He said.

I shook my head and smiled. "Nothing." I responded and went back to putting up one of the last lanterns up before Jayden put me down. He didn't let go of my waist and I didn't let go of his gaze. His lips swept over mine in a brief motion. Every time we kissed it was like I could never get enough. They were warm, soft, and comforting against mine sparking my body with so much electricity I felt like lightning. My hands caressed his jaw line, his now bearded jaw line. He started growing it out and I liked it. I'd say I had a weird thing for guys with beards and lucky me.

"Listen you little love birds, we got work to do and I'm pretty sure making out isn't going to help!" Alex exclaimed putting her hands over her hips lightly. She had her eyes narrowed and her eyebrows following in pursuit.

We broke the kiss and looked over at her. "But its helping me." I pouted.

She shook her head and pointed towards the table full of things I couldn't identify from all the way in the living room. "You two. Chinese wishes. Now." She commanded.

Jayden put his hands up in surrender heading over to the kitchen table, grabbing me with him before Alex went crazy or something. She's been hectic over these couple of days with the adding new members and all, which was cool but she honestly needed to blow off some steam. I thought to myself. That was pretty ironic. I was the one usually on stress mode all the time either working and or doing school work. I realized how more chill I became now that we started this sorority. I wasn't worried about much other than finishing my puzzles and or getting to my class on time.

As Jayden and I made it to the kitchen we stopped at all the clutter on the counter.

There was a basket full of index-shaped papers with writing on it. On the left side it had the same matching writing on it. It was shaped as a lantern and was empty with no lights or anything hanging from it. But I knew what they were, they were lantern lights to celebrate the Yi Peng Festival. Although it wasn't happening now it was a sign of new beginnings, hopes, and wishes. Thats what these girls needed starting here at Zeta, plus it was still Asian themed and went with the whole look.

We took a seat opposite from each other getting settled and beginning to tie the blank wish cards onto lanterns. It was quiet for a couple of minuets being trapped into the process of tying and setting aside. Tying and setting aside. The motion become a repeat your mind became blank and quiet. Not really thinking anything, but not really not thinking either. It was just silent and quiet.