Chapter Thirty-Nine

-Misty's P.O.V.-

"Hello?" I said crocked into my phone. I had just been sleeping not even a minuet ago when my phone vibrated under me and shook my out of the only sleep I managed to get last night. After the party was over I retreated into my bedroom despite Jayden's efforts to "talk" to me. I was getting pretty tired of people trying to "talk" to me. Like right now with whoever was trying to talk to me, since I didn't check the caller I.D when I picked up the phone.

I heard shuffling in the background for a moment. "Misty, this is your mother." My mom said, her voice from the other line sounded like she was stating she was my mother, like I didn't know that already. I barley budged out of my bed, Alex was snoring softly on her side of the room, she too was worried about me after the party but she could already tell I've had enough for the day.

"No way I couldn't tell." I barley had enough energy to make a believable sarcastic response.

She scoffed on the other end, "I see your mouth hasn't changed since I last spoke to you." She replied.

I sighed, "And here I was thinking I could actually have a conversation with my own mother I guess miracles only come once in decade, was there something you needed?" I asked her getting straight to the point.

More shuffling could be heard from her end. "As a matter of fact there is...you never answered my proposition." She started.

I stopped her. "Can't I have some more time to think about it?" I grumbled. I did not want to be having this conversation right now with my mother it was barley 8 in the morning. And wasn't it like 5 over there or something?

I could almost see her rolling her eyes wherever the hell she was right now. "You had like four days, isn't that enough?" She asked.

I resisted the urge to suck my teeth, "No its not enough, this is a life altering decision...people don't make these kinds of choices over night." I explained to her.

"But its been four days." She argued.

I sighed again.

"Look, Misty you have a voice that shatters glass and this is coming from me...you know how hard enough to say this." She started.

"I didn't know it could be so hard to compliment your daughter I am greatly honored." I said more energy coming into that comment.

She ignored what I said. "It would be a shame to see that talent go to waste, just think about the opportunities that can come to you if you sign with my label." She finished.

"What opportunities?" I asked her. It wasn't curiosity, it was just me wondering what my mother could possibly offer me after years of neglect and carelessness. She took a pause before she spoke again.

"Seeing your name in spotlights, being able to sing for people, fans...money." She said that part like it applied to me or something.

"I don't give a damn about money, mother you can make in anywhere if you put your mind to it." I said to her.

She almost sounded token back from that statement. "What? How do you expect to make money then?" She asked me.

I shrugged to myself. "My plan was to become a doctor you know." I said to her.

"Uhhh....your father is a doctor, why would you want to be around sick people all the time?" She said making disgusted noises over the phone.

My eyebrows arched at the mention of my father. "He's a doctor?" I asked her.

"Who?" She asked me.

"My father." I reminded her.

"Oh." She said silently. I heard a door close in the background "Yea...he's a surgeon." She said.