Chapter Forty-Seven

-Misty's P.O.V.-

"How is this suppose to help!" I panted relentlessly as my feet pounded the treadmill ferociously as I mouthed the words to one of my songs on repeat. I was dripping in sweat, exhausted and wasn't exactly sure what I was doing or how it was going to help with my singing career.

"Misty, this is about getting in shape. You're going to be moving around stage singing and dancing and with stamina like yours I don't think you'll make it a quarter into your song." He explained to me.

I huffed, "That's an exaggeration. I'm on my 5th repeat now." I complained.

Andre chuckled softly, "I'll be satisfied when you're on your 10th repeat...now sing." He ordered me.

I sighed, but obediently began to sing.

"Why I feel like you always moving further away,

Come closer,

Come closer,

The distance separating you and I can't stay, I see you,

Coming Closer,

Coming Closer." I breathed heavily through my singing.

"You're dying on me!" Andre pushed.

Exhausted but still determined to complete the song I continued to sing. After about the 7thtime of singing he gave me a water break, I've never been so happy to see a bottle of water in my life. I plopped down on the nearest couch and downed the entire bottle, grateful for the cold, sweet tasting liquid in my mouth.

"Tired yet?" Andre asked me after observing my silent and dehydrated body sprawled on the couch. I looked up arching my eyebrow at his question.

"If you wondering if I'm giving up the answer is no." I replied to him.

He smirked, "That's good to hear, I like an artist with determination...even when it comes in a out-of shape college student." He said sarcastically.

"Har. Har...just wait and see I'd sing circles around the stage." I threatened.

"I see a lot of talk but not action, Ms. Paul." He stated.

I frowned. It was going to take a while before I finally got into shape, I don't even remember the last time I went for a jog and I knew tomorrow morning my legs were going to be killing me. They were numb right now and If I got up I'd probably collapse from the exhaustion.

Andre laughed at the face I made at him and clapped his hands together. "Alright, we can take a break on stamina and work on your pitches." He said gesturing at the piano. I nodded in agreement and threw my empty water bottle in the garbage before I slid into the piano bench.

"Warm it up." Andre advised me.

I already knew what I had to do to warm up the vocal chords but he made it his job to continue to remind me.

I played a few notes on the piano to warm up.

"Mhmmmm." I hummed.

Before I could get to the next part of that, Ginger comes bursting through the door frantically, curly hair flying all over the place. I calmly watched as she dropped a stack of papers on the piano and turned to me. Ginger had to be even more exhausted than I was, every time I see her she's working or doing something relating to me so whenever I see her bursting through the door in the middle of my sessions I know I got some more stuff to do. I'm not too sure if I was excited about that.