Chapter Fourty

-Jayden's P.O.V.-

"So where I she?" Ron asked the girls curiously. We were all seated in the kitchen, snacking and talking randomly until Ron asked where Misty was.

"I only know that she said she'd be back on the same day...this is the same day." Alex replied with frustration she ran her fingers through her tousled hair and sighed.

"We did this to her." She muttered.

"Did what?" Chase asked.

"She doesn't tell us things often anymore because she thinks we don't trust her." She explained.

"I'm not going to lie, we were throwing some shade." Chrishell noted. She too seemed frustrated.

"Something's not adding up? I don't know...maybe there is something up with Misty and Sara." Tess said lightly sipping on her soda. Her gaze had a faraway look to it, like she was daydreaming and she wasn't really physically there.

Chase looked over at her momentarily with the same worried and confused expression but said nothing. They haven't spoken to each other in weeks. Maybe Tess was really finished with him and I could tell that he noticed that as well.

"REALLY?! NOT ADDING UP?! YOU ALL REALLY NOT SEEING WHAT'S WRONG WITH HER? IF THATS THE CASE THEN MAYBE SARA WAS RIGHT WHEN SHE CALLED YOU GUYS IDIOTS!" Emma-Mae came out of nowhere shaking everyone out of their depressed auroras and leaving them astounded at what she was saying.

"Emma what are you saying?" Alex asked her with confusion playing on her face.

Emma-Mae walked further into the kitchen, her blonde, golden hair swinging and swaying down to her waist, her perky blue eyes sparkling with a great intensity and fire that I've never seen her with. Don't get me wrong Emma was a cute girl but she always seemed like she was a little "lacking" up there.

She had a strong southern accent so we knew she was from Indiana but that was all I really knew about her, that and she liked to party a lot.

Everyone looked at her waiting for her to explain herself, she put her hands on her hips sternly. She looked at all of us with a not so playful stare, she seemed really annoyed at this point. "You know exactly what I'm saying, you guys are putting all this blame on Misty when in truth it's just Sara making a mess of things around here. You guys use to be so lively and fun to be around now look at y'all." She pointed to all of us.

"You're putting a damper on your own moods, Sara made the crack and ya'll just kept pulling and pulling from each other. Misty's not the one not adding up, you guys aren't adding up!" She exclaimed.

We stood dead silent, stunned at what she was saying. Emma-Mae never yelled, she was always laughing, giggling, etc. But here she was, furious and it was directed towards all of us.

She looked down at the floor for a moment. "I like lights." She said.

Now it was time to put on a confused look again.

"Lights?" Ron asked arching his eyebrow in confusion.

"Lights." She replied. She took a big breath. "When I was young I use to play with them all the time, my house had these dimming lights and I flick them low and high back and forth...it drove my father crazy...it also drove the light bill up too but I loved doing it. I'm a theater major because I love tinkering with different lights, cop lights, flash lights, spot lights, strobe lights, street lights..." She drifted.

Was she quoting a Kanye West song?

She shook her head. "Anyway, I had the most similar thing happen to me like you were doing to Misty...when my father remarried some bitch, I can't tell you how much shit I went through with that woman, she blamed everything on me and everyone believed it because no way can Vanessa be as bad as little Emma-Mae claims she is." She huffed.