Chapter Forty-Three

-Lazaro's P.O.V.-

"Alright, Lazaro! You're all good for today, we'll see you tomorrow." Frank, my studio engineer said to me in the booth. I nodded, giving him my thumbs up before I hopped out of the room,thanking them for their hard work today. It's been a long one, just recording back to back could wear you out it was ridiculous. I still loved it though, being able to make music for my fans is what brought me life.

As I was heading towards my car, Olivia my assistant was telling me all my future business plans for the next month.

"You got an interview with GQ next week, along with a photo-shoot, then we have a bit more rehearsing for the live-concert in New York, then your album launches, your album release party...." She just kept going on and on all the way until I hopped into the car and started it.

"Are you listening, Larz?" She asked me.

I arched my eyebrow and smirked a tad bit at Olivia. "I am listening, Liv." I replied to her.

She narrowed her eyes. "Oh really? Because what it looked like to me is that you were ready to start your car and leave." She said to me.

"Maybe I was." I responded.

She sighed and looked back down at her planner. "Just make sure, you remember I don't think we want a repeat of last time in Montreal." She reminded me.

Ah, Yeah. I totally forgot that I had to wake up after an hour nap so I could perform before this other act and I woke up an hour later, so they had to reschedule me and we were literally rushing our asses to get there before I started.

I smiled, "Oops." I said.

"Oops, indeed...anyway one last thing before you go." She said looking back down at her planner. I watched her waiting for what she had to say, I just wanted to go home and chill. I don't usually get to go home this early so when I do, I take advantage of it.

"Somewhere in between all the hectic mess you have planned, there's the music video you have to get done with Misty...I know you'll enjoy that." She muttered that part softly.

"So we're doing it?!" I perked up.

She arched her eyebrow. "Of course you are, the song did good...public demands a video, so show up!" She said that last part to remind me.

"No problem." I laughed.

She sighed again. "I don't know what to do with you sometimes." She shook her head and began walking back into the building where I know she probably had another million things to do all surrounded around me, I admired her worth ethic. I pulled the car out of park and began driving back to my place.

The drive was relatively short but it did allow me to look over the beautiful coastline of California. The sun was setting over the blue ocean not too far from where I was driving, and it left a blinding glow of orange and purple in the sky. I didn't mind throwing on some music to help ease the atmosphere a little more. As I drove, I could feel my mind drifting off a bit to a series of random things, at first it was work and music but then it shifted off to a better focus, Misty. Just the thought of her brought shivers to my body.

Everything about her just seemed to be perfect, although at times she failed to see that herself. Her eyes were the most beautiful shade of chocolate I've seen, her hair was the softest, silkiest, most curliest hair I could lay my hands on. The best part about her had to be her smile. I could be on the crappiest of moods and it all it took was her to shine her pearly whites at me and I'd forget what I was made about. It reminded me of what Red had said to me not soon ago about that.