Chapter Forty-Five

-Misty's P.O.V.-

"AND MAKE SURE YOU BRING YOUR FRIENDS! NO MORE EXCUSES!!" I pulled the telephone away from my ear due to the yelling coming from Aunt Jacqueline, her demand to have my friends come over for the 15th annual Paul Family Summer BBQ coming up in a couple weeks. I use to come alone or from time to time I'd be Chrishell or something, but now my Aunt figured out I had more friends than her and she was literally forcing me to bring them.

"DO YOU HEAR ME MISTY LOUISE PAUL?!" She said.

I squirmed at the phone. "Yes, I hear you...no need to get excited." I said to her.

She huffed. "I don't have a choice these days, it's like pulling teeth with you sometimes...even worse with your mother." She said.

I arched my eyebrow, "You plan on inviting her?" I asked her.

"Is she not our family?" She asked me.

I made a clucking noise with my mouth, "It doesn't seem like it most times." I replied.

She sighed, "Misty...please hold your tongue if she does show up, I just want a happy family reunion alright?" Aunt Jackie said to my helplessly.

I bit the inside of my cheek. "I'll try...it's going to be hard, but I'll try for you." I said to her.

"Thank you." She said. "I'll talk to you tomorrow, Misty be safe love bug." She said.

"You too, love you." I said.

"Love you too." And she hung up the phone.

I threw my cellphone somewhere on my bed and went back to what I was doing before my Aunt called me and demanded my friend's presence at the BBQ. I was trying to figure what songs I wanted to put on my upcoming album. It was crazy thinking that I was already going to be putting an album out, when It felt like not too long ago I just became an artist on Diwali Records.

My single released a couple of days ago and I couldn't tell you how fast it blew up. Everywhere I went from the mall to the grocery shop I heard my song playing on the speakers, and not too far away I'd always see someone mouthing or singing the song along with the radio.

I felt happy. I was ecstatic that people loved hearing me, I loved seeing the smiles on their faces as they sang. My heart would just get this feeling like my heart was going to stop or something but it just began beating fast and I felt like I could do anything.

The mere thought brought shivers to my body and I smiled to myself as I continued looking through my book filled with songs that just needed to be heard. The sad part to these songs is that they needed really good beats to go along with it, I mean I couldn't just go acapella all the time.

As I continued thinking to myself and sorting through my music, someone came through the door and shook my out of my zone. I looked up realizing that it was Tess. I nodded towards her, she had her arms folded over her chest and I gave her a confused look.

"What's up,Tess?" I asked her curiously.

"Did you forget that you have a job to go to?" She said to me.

"Shit. I forgot." I closed my song book and threw inside my nightstand and quickly threw off my shirt and pants. With all this music and school work and having going to back and forth between both parties, I totally forgot that I did have a job here in Indiana.

"Hey, when did you get a tattoo?" Tess said walking up behind me.

I threw on some jeggings, it was getting a little bit too humid for jeans, but I didn't want to pull out the booty shorts just yet.