Chapter Eleven

-Misty's P.O.V.-

Friday afternoon came and It was my chore day so that meant it was time to clean. After I came back from school I tied up my hair, threw on some ripped jeans and a semi clean t-shirt and began scrubbing down everything. As I cleaned my mind kept switching off to different topics. School, my family, work, Jayden. I stopped scrubbing for a second. What happened two days ago was pretty weird. As far as I was concerned we were about to kiss. I shook my head, but didn't he have a girlfriend? That was really sketchy.

As far as you're concerned you were putting in as much effort as he was. My thoughts said. I frowned deeply and scrubbed harder on the counter.

"Ohh...any harder and it might break." Tess said giving me a concerned look. I gave her a small smile and watched as she grabbed a can of soda before she headed back into her room.

I calmed down on my scrubbing and finished washing the dishes and wiping everything else down. I went into the living room and began vacuuming the carpet around the chairs and tables. It was loud enough to drown my thoughts about Jayden for the time being. But my mind couldn't stop flashing images of his lips drawing closer to mine, it couldn't stop the feeling that passed through me like it was happening all over again.

I was so into it that I didn't even notice Alex screaming at me to stop.

"WHAT?" I called out to her.

All I saw was her mouth moving but no words were coming out.

"WHAT?" I repeated.

She shook her head and turned off the vacuum.

"What?" I said more quietly.

"We're going out." She said.

I furrowed my brow. "Where?" I asked.

She smiled. "Shopping." She said excitedly. I scratched my head.

"Why?" I asked.

She frowned. "Did you forget we're having the meet and greet tomorrow night?" She said. "And that we decided to wear black?" Alex added.

I stared at her, I remembered it too clearly. I just didn't want to go shopping.

"Oh yeah." I said. I pointed to the vacuum. "Go on without me, chore day." I said blaming the cleaning.

She rolled her eyes and grabbed the vacuum from me. "You're going what are you suppose to wear?" She asked me.

I thought. "A nice top and pants." I said.

"We are wearing dresses." Alex said.

"It's cold outside." I said.

"That doesn't stop style." She responded.

I sighed heavily and then went into my room to change. I slipped on something comfortable and when I stepped out the girls were already done and changed. Alex grabbed onto my hand so I didn't "dissappear" or something and we headed off.

Downtown Indiana was a buzzing area, I couldn't even lie. There were tons of stores with mannequins wearing the latest trends. Big tvs displaying commercials and products. We all walked together arms linked with one another touring the area. I am so glad I brought my money.

Alex dragged us to a store called MONICA's and the place was nice buzzing with a couple of people browsing and store representatives waiting to help anyone in need of assistance. A brunette haired lady walked up to us with a big smile on her face.

"Welcome to Monica's I'm Daurine do you need any help?" She asked us.

Alex nodded. "We are looking for sexy black dresses for a sorority gathering." She replied. The lady nodded and ushered us to a viewing area for trying on outfits. She told us to wait and when she came back she had an arm load of black dresses for us to try on. We all hopped into the dressing room two at a time seeing what fit best. It was a couple of trys before we got anything we liked. Alex finally agreed on a black fitted short dress with a see through neckline which looked fantastic on her. Chrishell focused on a fitted-short, black wrap around type dress with silver diamonds around the waists and strap of the dress, Tessly got a simple black dress with a sheer single strap, it looked perfect on her. Finally it was my turn and I hadn't found anything I liked that gave me the cover-up image I was looking for. So Daurine found me something that she thought I would like and I thought it was either this one or I was going home. As I slipped it on, I had a feeling I was going to like it. In the viewing room I appeared the girls mouth dropped. I gave them a serious look. "Does it look bad?" I asked them.