Chapter Thirty-Eight

-Misty's P.O.V.-

I've been dreading this moment from the day I left. I mean coming back to the Zeta house after my mysterious disappearance. After I got out of the cab that picked me up from the airport and walked up to the front door, I almost contemplated going back to L.A. I felt a lot more laid back there. But then my thoughts came back to reality and I realized I had school, work, my friends who were probably freaking out about where I was right now. I never really answered my phone calls and texts the entire time I was in L.A. just for the sole fact that I was afraid of people telling me to come back.

I shook out of my thoughts and found the keys to the house in my pocket and unlocked the door.

Inside there were a couple of girls walking aimlessly around and they stopped to ask me where I've been. I didn't tell them anything personal, just that I needed a few days off and I left it at that. As I got further into the house, I could hear the recognizable voices of Alex, Ron, Tess, Chase, Chrishell, and Jayden. It was unknown to me exactly who else was in there and I didn't care, I personally was trying to get past the living room undetected by any one of them.

Slowly and efficiently I put in all my will power and strength to silently walk past the door, but my efforts were all too soon noticed. Tess was the first one to notice, turning her head slightly right to push her long brunette hair back and her eyes met mine. I cringed.

It was only a matter of seconds before she said my name and everyone else would noticed my presence.

"Misty." She said softly.

As I predicted everyone turned around at the same time. Alex's eyes were open in shock as well as Chrishell's. I've obviously never pulled something like this before and it was new to them. I felt another pair of eyes on me other than the ones that were staring at me with confusion and utter embarrassment.

Jayden was looking at me, his piercing green gaze was looking at me like he's never seen me before. Like I was a stranger.

My body automatically straightened up and I pulled my head up high. I had nothing to be ashamed of. I was 19 years old if I wanted to get up and leave for three days without telling anyone it was my choice, and no one else's. I didn't need my friend's or boyfriend's permission to run my life. That was something I noticed that separated Larz from the rest of the guys I've dated. He let me do me. He knew and understood that I was my own person and could make my own decisions.

It was scary to think that it was now I was realizing all those things about him.

Actually pitiful.

"Hey." I said to them all.

They sat there a bit awkwardly before Alex, Chrishell, and Tess got up and walked over to me. Their eyes looked a bit rimmed with tears and sadness as they spoke and I almost felt bad about pulling that stunt, then I remembered how they took that bitch, Sara's word over my own.

Speaking of such, where was she? I was almost a bit surprised not see her wrapping herself all over Jayden like it was no one's business.

"Mist, we're sorry." Alex spoke up breaking the awkward silence.

I arched my eyebrow, "Sorry for what? Is it for taking someone's word over mine, or is it because I actually pulled a stunt that you never expected from me?" I asked her.

She looked away but before she could speak up, Jayden did.

"Why don't you just listen to their apology before you start scorching them?" He interfered.