Chapter Fourteen

-Jayden's P.O.V.-

As I was getting food for Misty and I, Wes turned up and was behind me looking down at his phone idle. I nudged him and he looked up.

"What are you up to?" I asked.

He smirked. "Getting food for Alex." He flipped some hair out of his eyes.

I smiled. "Aren't you excited?" I said sarcastically to him and he made a face.

"Are you mad that I'm just stepping up my game or what?" He said cockily.

I rolled my eyes. "What game?" I asked.

He shoved me lightly. I was up in line for the food and I ordered something that I thought Misty would like. This was like the hardest part of trying to impress a girl the "surprise me" moment when you're out for food, its up to you to pick the right thing or lose serious points. I haven't felt this nervous since my first girlfriend in 7th grade.

Her name was Sarah, she was a short, curly haired, brown-eyed, cutie with a funny personality. She was my first ever crush and girlfriend. And being the 7th grader that I was, I was pretty innocent and inexperienced. To make a long story short we caught on with each other quickly and I thought "why the fuck not?" so she became my girlfriend and girls hated her for that. She was constantly teased, degraded, and told she was not worthy of me by other girls just because I chose her and not them. Soon enough her different personality and laughing character disappeared before my eyes. Every time I was with her a little part of her left, until there was nothing left.

Then one day, I remember it perfectly as if it were yesterday. I was sitting with Ron, Chase, and Wes at the swing set just hanging and talking when Sarah walked up to me her eyes streaked red with tears and her lips quivering silently. Me, being the protective guy I am switched instantly went into attack mode.

"Sarah! Whats wrong?" I asked heading towards her.

But she moved back putting her hands in front of her protesting. "No don't come any closer." Tears were pouring down her face by that time.

"Sarah-." She continued speaking.

"I can't be with you anymore Jayden...I'm not good enough for you girls say that to me everyday and I can't take it anymore. I CAN'T!" She was hysterical by then. My eyes were widened watching her, wanting to reach out and take her hand but I couldn't because I was paralyzed by seeing someone so full of life look so...dead.

She backed away further from me her eyes full of sadness and panic. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." She kept repeating. Then she ran away from me and the life we had here at this school. Days passed and she didn't come to school, day after day I called and looked for her but it wasn't until a week later that we were told that she had moved away with her family. So she left me and what we had together and it was all my fault.

I could still remember what one of the girls behind me said as we heard that news.

"Good! That slut was right to go no one needs her here!"

But I did.

So as my life continued on it pretty much revolved around Soccer and such. At times I'd be coerced into relationships that I felt nothing for all with the same type of girls. Popular, rude, inconsiderate, and greedy. It never ended and it was like that up until Jenna. But now as I looked at Misty I saw a little bit of Sarah in her. No...I saw more, she was strong and could hold her own, she was shy at first but truly getting to know her she was full of life and laughs. I wanted to stand up for her.

"EARTH TO JAYDEN BASTILE!!! COME IN FROM EARTH!!" Wes snapped me out of my flashback moment. I shook my head and blinked rapidly, I hadn't realized how into it I was until Wes brought me out of it.