Chapter Twenty-One

-Misty's P.O.V.-

"Now! Now! Tanya, that isn't really nice be blurting things like that out of now where." Aunt Jacqueline came out of the kitchen wiping her hands on a dishtowel. She came up right to the door pushing Tanya out of the way and greeting Jayden and I with a smile.

"Baby girl." She said giving me a huge hug and kiss. Baby girl was her nickname for me ever since I was little and I secretly loved it when she said it.

When she finished hugging me she looked over to Jayden who was quite nervous on the other side, his cheeks were pink indicating that he was blushing aggressively. She smiled brightly at me and nudged me silently telling me that she approved.

"And you are?" She went up to Jayden curiously.

Jayden cleared his throat and took out his hand. "Jayden Bastile, mam." He said politely.

Auntie Jack laughed at his formal attitude. She shook her head. "We don't shake hands here in the family we give hugs." She said going in for the big one with him.

Jayden's eyes widened in shock as she did that, he stood there uncomfortably for a second before he relaxed and hugged her back.

"I'm Aunt Jacqueline, but everyone calls me Auntie Jackie." She mentioned.

"Can I call you Auntie Jackie." Tanya joked behind her.

She turned around and gave her a face. "You're done pushing my buttons these days girl." She said then she turned back to us and pushed us in.

"Go on take your things off my home is your home, Jayden." She said.
Jayden took his coat off and helped mine off as well and I could hear the squeal of Tanya and my Aunt as he did so.

"Mama! Look he takes her coat off for her!" She whispered frantically.
We both heard them.

The thing about my family was that as hard as they tried to be quiet, their attempts always failed because they were a bit loud, or maybe was the southern accents they had that made me feel that way, whatever it was it was loud enough to hear.

Jayden turned to me his cheeks still tinting a bright pink. "I'm nervous." he told me.

I touched his cheek. "You'll be fine, they're can be a little different at times but you'll get used to it." I assured him.

He nodded and I gave a smile.

"What's all the ruckus down here, now?" Uncle Joe came trotting down the staircase. I knew his knees were bad so he came down a bit slowly. Everyone's gazes looked up to where his voice came.

"What ruckus dad, you heard us all the way from the room?" Tanya asked.

"Anyone one with at least ¼ of hearing can hear you two ya'll like loud..." He trailed off as his eyes averted to us.

He gave a big smile. "Misty baby you're here!" he said happily coming over to me. I closed the distance that separated us and gave him a big hug. Uncle Joe was like a father to me, since I had no idea where my actual one was. He was always there for me and helped me to where I was now, there wasn't nothing more that I could ask from him he was amazing.

"My God you've grown." He whispered.

"And you Papa you've seem to be getting younger every time I see you." I joked.

He caught on and laughed along with me. I broke the embrace and pulled Jayden to my Uncle.

"Uncle Joe this Jayden my boyfriend." My cheeks rose with heat as I said this but I kept my composure.