Chapter Fifty-One

-Jayden-

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we are here on the red carpet of the annual 61st Grammys! I'm here with acclaimed artist Misty who has been nominated for 2 Grammy's. Misty how does it feel, your first time here at the Grammy's?" The interviewer's voice rung through the speakers of the Zeta house.

Everyone and I mean everyone in the Zeta house including the Sigma frat were here to support Misty as she was nominated for two Grammy's. The living room was packed to the brim with people, obviously, we wanted Misty to win and rightfully so, this past couple of months her fame has sky-rocketed along with the release of her album: Broke in One Piece.

Her music was all over the radios and her music videos were plagued with hundreds of millions of views. People were dubbing her the next big thing. Her music style was so unique and refreshing to see in this new age of music. Misty's music catered to the younger generation, the present, and the older generation.

"Oh my God! I am so honored to be here surrounded by incredible artists and musicians. It's truly a blessing." Misty's voice rung throughout the room.

Some of the girls cheered.

The interviewer laughed, "That's amazing by the way, who are you wearing. You look absolutely stunning." He said as he looked down at her attire.

Misty did look stunning and I wasn't just saying that over the course of the few months she's been working, physically she has gotten prettier. Maybe it's the intense training sessions she told us she goes through in order to stay in shape for performances that have her looking the way she does. Or the fact that she had a hired stylist that took care of her wardrobe that had her looking like a million bucks whenever she was around here long enough.

Her hair and makeup were done to perfection, she was wearing a flattering red dress that reminded me heavily of how young R&B artists in the 90s use to dress. It was elegant and slim, fitting with a high slit that accentuated her long legs and sparkling mocha-colored skin. She looked naturally beautiful, there was no denying that.

"Oh? This is Valentino." She spun around and the interviewer whistled, "Are you excited to be performing tonight?" He asked.

She laughed, "I'm a little nervous, but I am really excited to perform my songs for everyone." She said.

Someone whispered in Misty's ear and was starting to pull her away from the interview, but the interviewer asked to get one more question to which, the assistant, I think obliged.

"Your album has been certified-diamond for the past couple of weeks now. A great accomplishment for a freshman album. Who do you owe your immense success and inspiration to?" He asked her seriously.

Misty thought for a moment, the room waited and held their breaths for her answer. "I owe my success to my management team, my manager, my amazing choreographer and best-friend Chrishell, my lovely assistant that keeps me on top of things, my label for allowing me the freedom to create and manage my own music." She smiled softly, but she wasn't finished.

"I'd also owe my inspiration to my family for always being there for me, not to mention my dope Zeta sisters who I hope are watching right now!" She cheered. The room of Zeta girls cheered and hi-fived each other as they continued watching on eagerly.

Misty had to step down as president due to her conflicting schedules. She just wasn't able to manage being a president of a successful sorority organization while managing school and her career. It was noble of her to realize this and give the position to Alex, who Misty thought was the rightful president anyway. She's handling it well along with Emma-Mae who was the newly elected vice-president.