Chapter Eight

-Alexandra's P.O.V.-

After that little encounter we were back at the apartment with some Mexican and a mixture of Thai for Misty. The girls were laying back listening to my preposition and so far it wasn't looking so good on my part.

"I don't know, Dara making a sorority...I don't want to become like Jenna." Chrishell shook her head at me and pouted. I know! I know this was all sounding far-fetched but my friends needed to be with me for this, I don't think I could do it alone.

Jenna...Jenna we needed to get back at her and Misty thought up a great idea. Why not create a sorority? I felt my mind flash back to all those glorious days when I felt like I had it all, when life wasn't so bad for me. It was bad now...as a matter of fact it was pleasant but there was a period of time in my life when I felt like all hope was lost.

"Of course we can't create it from scratch its going to take too much time and we don't have that right now, so we can start up from a chapter." I said. In my hands I had my trusty notebook were I put all my ideas, thoughts, and actions. It was my book of life, If I ever lost it....

"Um...please enunciate for us Alex, we're not really familiar with these Greek terms." Misty pipped up. She ate her Thai food slowly as if she was savoring every single piece of the food. I wanted to be like her sometimes focused, quiet, and determined. At first glance you would think she was a typical black girl. But I knew her, she was respectable and well-mannered but if you crossed the line with her it was like you were looking at another person.

"Right..chapters are like picking up where a sorority left off." I told them.

They nodded as they listened to me.

"And where is the sorority we are picking up from?" Tess asked taking a sip of her soda.

I swallowed nervously. Was I really going to tell them what happened in high school with Jenna? How she almost ruined my life and almost made me miss out on times I spent with my new friends. I felt that this was something that needed to be shared another time. My sorrows kept for me for the time being.

I smiled and scratched the back of my head. "In high school I started this mini-sorority called Zeta Theta Nu. We liked to say it meant unison, love, and friendship of differences and forever." I started.

"Sweet." Chrishell cooed. Then she thought. "We?" She asked.

I nodded. "Some high school girls joined." I noted.

I cleared my throat and continued. "We had a house and everything we were like a real sorority just not in college. It was fun and all." I said.

"And?" Tess pressured me on.

"And...we broke up, graduation was coming and girls were going to different schools, different lives and its not like I would have left Zeta for other scrawny high school girls to take care of it." I shuddered at the thought.

"So I closed it down, and its been there sitting for 2 years or so." I put my hair into a ponytail and took a seat on the recliner.

"That was a cute story, but what happens to the sorority after the seniors graduate?" Misty asked curiously.

"The next in line comes in power and so and so on. Always upperclassmen because they know more." I commented.

She nodded and bit the inside of her cheek. Something I noticed she did a lot when she was thinking. She looked at me with sincere eyes.

"How many people you need to start?" She asked me.

"Three more." I said.

She looked over at Tess and Chrishell. I gave her my best puppy dog face and pouted my lips. "Pretty please...with the cherry on the top?" I begged her.