nineteen

I'M SORRY I'VE BEEN SO BUSY LATELY. HERE'S AN UPDATE I LOVE YOU BYE.

__________________

A camping trip with his little sister was practically a Fall tradition for Harry.

It started back when they lived in New York. And toward mid to late October, just before the camping grounds closed for the season, the pair would pack up their bags and load as many friends as they could into a van for a weekend.

The first trip was in the beginning of Harry's sixth grade year. Vivian was in fifth. Their older brother, Boman, was a freshman in high school but insisted he was too old for a family camping trip.

So, their parents went, of course, as neither Harry, Vivian or their friends could drive yet.

The boys had one tent and the girls had another. But somehow in the middle of the night, everyone would end up in the same one. And then the whole group would play a round of truth or dare before quickly realizing the game was quite lame when they couldn't be loud in fear of waking Mr. And Mrs. Styles just one tent over.

Harry had the idea of doing shadow puppets on the tent ceiling one night. Took it upon himself to start it off with trying to make a moose before telling awful moose jokes for a straight half hour.

Eventually, they all fell asleep in a heap of legs and sleepy half-smiles.

After that, it became their thing. Harry loved those camping trips. Which is why it confused Vivian to no end that her brother was bailing out this year.

"Why can't you come?" She asks Harry yet again. "It won't be the same without your awful moose jokes."

He laughs but simply shrugs at her question. The truth is he doesn't want to go when all he would do is worry about Marley. Because that's all he has done since he first saw those crystal blue eyes in his first period English class.

And that's all he does now as he thinks of their kiss earlier today.

"Bring that girl you've gone bonkers for." Vivian suggests. Reading his mind. "It won't matter if we have one more in the girl's tent. That thing is huge."

Harry thinks about it for a minute. But only a minute. "She wouldn't want to, Viv."

"I'm still waiting to meet this girl. Are you keeping her from me on purpose? I won't embarrass you... too much." Vivian smiles at her older brother.

"It's not you, she just doesn't like people too much." Harry explains.

"But she likes you?" His sister jokes as she zips up her bag and sets it by her bedroom door.

"No, most of the time she sort of doesn't." Harry smiles. "But I'm working on that."

"Yeah, sitting in my room with your feet on my desk is really winning her over."

"Why do you want me to come camping anyway?" Harry says. Takes his feet down from her desk.

"Because it's a tradition." Vivian says. Crosses her arms and leans against the foot of her bed.

"Well maybe I've grown out of it." Harry lies. He wants to go. But he doesn't want to go without Marley. Especially if everyone else is bringing their girlfriends.

Not that Marley is his girlfriend. He would like for her to be. But for a moment he thinks the girl with the crystal blue eyes that remind him of icicles and frost-bitten noses just might be worth being patient for.

"Bullshit you love the camping trips and we both know it." Vivian says. "But if you want to miss out on all the fun, then fine."

"Do you have your bags packed, baby gir- oh hey Harry." Ashton says from the doorway to his girlfriend's bedroom. His cheeks slightly flushing from almost calling Vivian that in front of her brother.