five

One day there was a girl

Who cried tears of pearls

And her eyes were blue and green...

Like none he'd ever seen

Except for the girls in his dreams

[Blue and Grey- Daughter]

___________________________

To clearify one thing, Marley does eat.

Occasionally.

But it is never enough to fully sustain her body. Never enough to be considered normal. And she never eats in front of other people unless she has to.

But Marley agreed to go to dinner at Harry's house. Because she's desprate for his help.

And maybe because she's all cold fingers and half-crazed minds who is tired of being a broken mess of cheap glass and fake flowers on the floor of her kitchen.

But naturally, Maria went into a frenzy.

After Harry left, Marley stayed in the bathroom to calm her subconcious down. Only resulting in Marley crying in the bathroom stall. And getting an extreme headache.

The nurse gave her asprin. Asked if Marley wanted to go home. Said that she didn't look well.

But Marley refused to go home.

Because she's is all cold fingers and half-crazed minds who is tired of being a broken mess of cheap glass and fake flowers on the floor of her kitchen.

When she finally goes to class it's already second period.

Harry had started to think she ditched. Was starting to wonder if he left now, would he find her walking home on the side of the road.

But Marley walks into her second period class. Lets her red, puffy eyes meet Harry's that are a troubled kind of green.

He is relieved to see she isn't alone in the rain. But also heartbroken at her appearance.

"Glad you could join us, Miss Parker. Take a seat." The teacher smiles as he takes her pass.

The only seat open is next to Harry. Marley realizes he probably saved it for her.

"Why have you been crying?" Harry whispers as Marley slides into her seat.

"Long story." Is all she says.

Because Marley is all cold fingers and half-crazed minds who is tired of being a broken mess of cheap glass and fake flowers on the floor of her kitchen.

_______________________

As Harry walks into his new home, the warm smell of something baking finds it's way to his senses. "Mum?"

"In the kitchen." She calls back. As Harry rounds the corner she adds, "How was school?"

"Marley said she could come for dinner Thursday." Harry answered his mother's question with the most exciting thing that had happened all day.

"She did?" His mother smiles brightly, "that's great. So she will come with us to the Burton's?"

"Oh, is that when we're going?"

"Yes, but your sister can't make it. So I'm sure they wouldn't mind." She says.

"Alright, I'll make sure that's okay with her." Harry shrugs before changing the subject. "What are you baking?"

"Banana bread to take with us Thursday... and a surprise for after dinner."

"So, more banana bread." Harry guesses.