two

Marley finds it almost too suspicious that Harry indeed has all the same classes as her. But it doesn't make sense. He didn't know her when he chose his classes.

Nevertheless, she wonders.

At this point, Marley wouldn't be surprised if his locker was right next to hers. But that would obviously mean he is some kind of stalker. Their last names are just a bit too far apart for that.

Marley breathes a happy sigh as she walks into her last class of the day.

Physical Education.

Maria tends to be content when Marley is working off calories. So naturally, it is both Marley and Maria's favorite. She happily strides into the girl's locker room. Changes into her pink gym shorts and plain grey tee. Remains oblivious to the stares from the other girls.

"She's lost weight." One whispers.

"I wish I could look like her." Another says lowly to the first.

But Marley doesn't hear the girls over her internal companion as she rambles off numbers and equations of how many calories could be burned off by the end of the period.

Marley is unphazed as this is normal behavior for Maria.

Because Marley is all cold fingers and half-crazed minds and crystal blue eyes that remind a certain boy of icicles and frost-bitten noses.

Once she is dressed, Marley steps out onto the gym floor. And stops short.

Harry walks out of the boy's locker room as he pulls his shirt down over his abdomen. Momentarily flashing a stripe of tan skin just above his low hanging gym shorts.

No one else noticed. But Marley did.

And maybe that's what Harry wanted.

Slightly and oddly flustered from seeing his toned stomach, Marley walks over and stands next to Harry. Doesn't quite register in her mind that she has as Maria continues with her ramble of equations.

Harry talks to another boy in their class but Marley doesn't mind as she replays those brief seconds over and over in her head.

Because Marley is all cold fingers and half-crazed minds and crystal blue eyes that remind a certain boy of icicles and frost-bitten noses.

Oh, stop. Don't be an idiot. Maria speaks up, having no patience for thoughts so silly, silly, silly.

Marley almost doesn't notice when the boy talking to Harry speaks to her. "Can we help you, freak?"

She looks up from her fingernails which she had been absentmindedly picking at.

Before Marley can speak, however, Harry beats her to it. "This is Marley, she's cool. Don't talk to her like that."

"Yeah, I know her name but she thinks she's too cool for everyone." He responds as if Marley weren't standing there, yet he is looking right at her.

"She likes me, don't you Marr?" Harry turns to her.

"I tolerate you, yes." Marley can't help the smile that threatens at the corner of her mouth. She forces it down before going back to her poker face for the benefit of the other boy--whom she still doesn't know the name of. "And, don't call me Marr."

Harry watches in astonishment and admiration as she turns on her heel and walks to the bleachers, her hips swinging slightly before she sits in a secluded area.

Harry sees how much thinner she looks with less clothing on. While some boys may find her thin frame alluring, it only makes him question again why she threw out all her food at lunch.

"See? She thinks she's all high and mighty. Too good and perfect and whatnot for everyone here." The boy's voice snaps Harry out of his trance. "Plus she's a freak who talks to herself."

"She's a nice girl when you don't belittle her like that, Troy." Harry says, not being one for confrontation but feeling the need to stand up for the girl with the crystal blue eyes that remind him of icicles and frost-bitten noses.

Because maybe a girl with eyes like hers is worth being patient for.

"Whatever, man." Troy shruggs it off and walks over to his friends, no longer interested in talking to the new kid.

Marley continues to pick at her nails as Maria chastises her about boys so stupid, stupid, stupid and thoughts so silly, silly, silly.

...and you need to distance youself. He is bad news, Marley. He will ruin everything we are working for!

"I know. I'm sorry."

It's okay, darling. Don't cry.

Marley listens to her subconcious and wipes her fold fingers across her cheeks.

"Marley?" Harry's voice is soft and concerned as he sits down next to her. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." she assures him, but it doesn't seem to work.

"Fine as in fine or fine as in not fine?" He asks, a smirk on his lips but concern in his eyes.

Marley sniffs and then laughs. "So you know that code?"

He shrugs and says, "I'm observant." As if that explains everything.

Marley just nods.

But Maria finds a threat to his words. Send him away before I have a fit. Didn't we just talk about this?!

"So are you going to tell me what's wrong?" He asks because something about tears in those crystal blue eyes that remind him of icicles and frost-bitten noses breaks his heart a little.

Send him away. Send him away!

Marley shrugs. "Just a lot on my mind."

"Anything you want to get off your chest? I'm a great listener." Harry smiles brightly, showing his teeth in an over exagerated and somewhat goofy attempt to make her feel a little better.

So help me, Marley I swear---

"No. It's nothing really." Marley speaks too quickly but before he can respond, the teacher calls to the students to start class and Harry is left even more confused than before.

_______________________________
Let me know if I should continue this story with a vote and comment! All the love <3

-Lena xx