twentyfour

Soon, everyone's tents are set up and staked in a half circle around the fire.

Vivian's tent, however, is further back than the others. And Harry wants to vomit every time he thinks of the reason why.

"Hey, Xander, you got the weed?" Ashton asks from the other side of the circle.

Harry sits next to Marley, who has slowly shifted closer to him as the night got colder. Her hands clasped together in front of her and brought up to her chest.

"Are you cold?" Harry asks. It's a stupid question. Of course she's cold, just look at her.

"Just a bit." She says but her body betrays her when her teeth begin to chatter.

Harry immediately wraps an arm around her small frame. Knows he should have reminded her to bring a sweater but he was just so focused on the fact that she was coming along in the first place.

His body heat helps Marley a little. Normally she would cringe away from people touching her but Harry seemed to defy all laws when it comes to this.

"Thank you." She whispers as his hand slides up and down her arm in an attempt to create warmth on her other side.

"Do you want my sweatshirt?" He asks.

And Marley is slightly terrified. Because she feels like her heart may beat right out of her chest. And her stomach is pure butterflies.

Before she can say anything, Harry lets go of her and pulls the fabric over his head. "Here."

She smiles at him before putting it on. The sleeves are baggy and large and she could easily tuck her knees to her chest and be swallowed by the dark grey cotton. And she loves it.

It smells like his house. Slightly of clothing detergent and a hint of cologne. When she thinks he isn't looking, she sniffs the fabric. And she loves it.

"Thank you." She says again after a moment. Watches Vivian take in a breath from the small pipe they've been passing around.

Ashton does it after her before passing it on. And then he kisses Vivian as they exhale into each other's mouths.

That's just gross.

Marley knows exactly what she's doing when it's passed on to her. The others tried to get it rolling, but the wind made it nearly impossible.

Without hesitation she puts it to her lips. The taste of self destruction always different but always the same. She's never done this herself, but had seen people do it enough that it didn't seem like rocket science.

Marley takes the lighter and cups her other hand to block the wind. She breathes in as she lights it and the smoke fills her lungs.

And the taste of self destruction is always different but always the same.

Harry looks wary as she breathes out, passing it on to him. "You've done this before?"

She just shrugs. Hasn't, but for some reason she doesn't want to explain why she knew how. Harry knows so much already about her brother.

Somewhere in the mix of weed and s'mores, a bottle is passed around of unnamed liquid. It tastes bitter yet oh, so sweet when Marley presses it to her lips.

Because the taste of self destruction is always different yet always the same.

"I think you've had enough." Harry says as soft as possible despite his demanding words. They taste odd on his tongue. So he takes the bottle from her hand and washes the taste down before passing it to Xander.