twentysix

*MOMENT OF SILENCE FOR DRAG ME DOWN BC JAM*

ALSO... THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING THAT I COULDN'T UPDATE LAST WEEK BECAUSE OF BAND CAMP ILYASM

carry on... xx
_______________

The one problem that would be inevitable on this trip is food. Of course she couldn't spend a whole weekend with a bunch of people and expect her lack of appetite not to be noticed.

By the time she reached the campsite after her shower and long, leisurely walk back, Harry had built a fire and was cooking breakfast. He neglected to put on a shirt for reasons that made him smirk and think of blushed freckled cheeks and stuttered sentences. But the morning is chilly, so maybe it's too obvious.

Never the less, he regrets nothing. Especially when a fresh-faced Marley comes strolling up the path. A towel wrapped around her hair and her eyes shinning in the morning light that filters through the trees. Her eyes land on the shirtless green-eyed boy and it's so obvious what he's doing that she smiles.

Her smile is so beautiful. And he wants to kiss her. God damn, does he want to just fucking kiss her.

"Hey." Harry says. Egg carton in hand.

"Hi." Marley says. Glances at his toned torso. Smiles. Because it's so obvious.

A single piece of hair sticks out from the towel on her head. It hangs in her face and Harry thinks about tucking it behind her ear but controls himself. "Breakfast?"

Her smile falls fractionally. But she covers it up my speaking. "Umm, maybe later. I need to give my stomach a chance to wake up first."

"Suit yourself, my omelets are the bomb." He winks. Sets down the objects in his hands on the bench to his left.

She smiles. "The bomb?"

"Dot com." Harry nods to emphasize his words. His smile bright and wide and sends butterflies straight to Marley's stomach.

And she really can't help but glance at his muscular arms every few seconds.

Harry notices. Because when it comes to the girl with crystal blue eyes that remind him of icicles and frost-bitten noses, it's so hard not to. He walks over toward her. Until she has to look up to see his face from her short stature. Which makes the towel on her hair start to fall off.

"Does my lack of a shirt distract you, Marley?" He smirks.

And her heartbeat is somewhere between the speed of light and nonexistent because yes, yes it really does. She takes her hair out of the falling towel it's wrapped in simply so she can avert her eyes from his. Then she holds it tightly in her hand.

"No..." She lies. It's such a lie. The biggest of lies.

But he tips up her chin gently with his fingers. Her skin is soft and her damp hair is in a disarray from not yet combing it through. The sun shines through the trees and bounces off her freckled cheeks straight into his soul.

She is so beautiful. And he wants to kiss her. God damn, does he want to just fucking kiss her.

"What's going on in that head of yours?" He whispers. Tucks a strand of hair behind her ear just for an excuse to touch her.

"A war." She mumbles. And it's true. In her head is a chaos of constant grumble from her narcissistic subconscious.

"A war on what?" He asks, his fingers still brushing her jaw and caressing her cheeks. In awe of everything she is.

"Falling for you." Marley admits in a whisper so light, it's quieter than the rustle of the trees. She averts her gaze from his by looking at his chin which is slightly higher than her eye level.