thirtythree

A song that really reminds me of 'Harley' is Goodnight Moon by Go Radio. So yeah listen to it. It gives me emotions.
___________________

When Mr and Mrs Tomlinson finally arrive home, Marley is half asleep on the couch in their living room. They're in the middle of a conversation and by their giggles and Mr. Tomlinson's slightly slurred speech, it's easy to tell they're intoxicated.

Marley sits up and pulls on her shoes when she hears them. The clock on the wall says a quarter to midnight.

"Oh, Marley. How were they?" Renee says when she sees the young girl in her living room. "Did they get to bed on time?"

"Yeah." She nods. "They were great, as usual."

Though that's sort of a lie. Ben whined about going to bed for a full five minutes and Jared wouldn't put down his controller to eat dinner. But Marley hopes that if the Tomlinsons think she's doing a good job, they'll hire her more often.

"Perfect." Mrs. Tomlinson grins. The flush of alcohol visible in her cheeks. And Marley can't help but envy her natural beauty and tall, lean frame.

"Here you are, love." Louis walks into the living room with a few bills in his hand. His coat is a bit wrinkled and his eyes are kind despite their slight red tint.

The way he calls her love reminds Marley of the day she met the boy with troubled kind of green eyes. And she smiles.

The bills are placed into her hand. Doesn't look at them as she stuffs them in her jean pocket. Marley learned early that it's rude to count money in front of people. She just hopes its a decent amount.

"Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Tomlinson."

"Please call us by our first names." Louis smiles. "It makes me feel old when you don't."

Marley just nods. "Let me know when you're going out again. I'd be happy to watch them."

"Will do." He says before heading toward the stairs. "See her out, Renee?"

His wife smiles and leads Marley to the front door. "Do you have a ride home, Hun? We can call for a cab."

"No, it's fine." Marley shakes her head. They might call a cab for her, but Marley would still have to pay for it herself. And that she really can't afford. "Goodnight, Renee."

"Goodnight." She smiles. Her teeth perfectly straight and white unlike Marley's which never had braces like she should have. Her eyes are warm chocolate and caramel. And her cheeks are clear and blemish free.

The air is chilled and Marley wraps her arms around herself in the wind. Her house is about three miles from here. And though she walked here after school, it's a different story when you have to do it in the dark, at almost midnight.

So maybe it was the cold wind and the thought of his heated seats. Or maybe it was the way her eyes felt heavy and she could tell that it would take everything in her not to fall asleep in the grass by the road. But Marley opens her embarrassing flip phone and finds Harry's number in her short list of contacts.

He picks up after a few rings. "Hello?" His voice is groggy and raspy. She must have woken him. But for a selfish second she doesn't care because his voice is groggy and raspy and hot.