sixty

"Say it again." Harry says softly. His fingers trailing lazily over her arm. His breath fanning across her neck.

They both woke up several minutes ago, but neither one wanted to get up. Only half their clothes on after last night's professions of love.

Among other things.

So with eyes still droopy and fingers trailing mindless patterns across one another's skin, they lay in Marley's bed. Unmoving.

Marley turns her face into the crook of his neck.

"I love you." She whispers. His bare chest is warm under her. And the words are nearly too quiet for Harry to catch them.

"Sorry, what was that?"

"I love you."

His smiles. "Hmm?"

But he heard. And his smile quirks. Because he loves this girl, too. So damn much.

Marley raises her head to mock a glare at him. But he's already looking at her. Like really looking at her. Drowsy happy with pupils blown wide in adoration. And quickly her facial expression softens.

She whispers it again. "I love you."

He raises his eyebrows. His lips turning slightly at the corners. Continues his game. "Come again?"

Marley rolls her eyes. A devious smile creeps across her face. "You'd like that, wouldn't you?" She raises an eyebrow.

A surprised noise between a gasp and a laugh escapes Harry's lips. "You're something else, Marr." And he takes a moment to just admire her. Her smile. Her wit. Just everything about her.

Marley bites her lip. Trying not to smile and failing. Enjoying the way he's looking at her. She trails the tip of her finger down his nose, across his lips, and to the slight stubble on his chin. "You want to..." She trails off. Doesn't have to say it. He knows.

"What are you doing to me?" He shakes his head but pulls her in for a kiss with a hand in her hair. His other hand automatically slipping under the sheets to grasp her hip. Warmth blooming from the contact.

Marley smiles and kisses him back. Fallen so deeply into the void that all she can do is kiss him harder.

Because Marley is head over heels, falling into the void, a total goner for this boy.

But then again. So is he for her.

"We should get dressed." He says against her lips. But he pulls her closer, contradicting his own words.

Still, Marley sighs. Pulls away. And sits up. "I have to go see my dad again, today."

And a certain stillness settles into the air. Not an awkwardness, but something heavier. Sadder. Because this is a topic they hadn't talked about last night as extensively as they probably should have.

Harry sits up next to Marley. Takes her slightly chilled fingers between both of his hands and asks the question that he's a bit afraid to hear the answer for. "How far away does your dad live?"

And in a world suddenly much bigger than the two of them, it feels impossible for it to be anywhere close enough. And her silence only stretches on longer and wider just like the space that will soon be between them.

"Two hours." Her voice is merely a whisper. It felt so close when she first found out because her father was a mere two hours away her whole life and she didn't even know.

But now it feels like it's is too far. Too far for two teenagers who can't even sit here without tangling their fingers together.

"I can tell him I don't want to live with them." Marley offers. Leaning slightly into his side.

"No." Harry says immediately. "You deserve to live with your family."

"But they're not," She says. Looks at the boy that she finally can open up to. And can't stand the idea of him being so far away. "Not really. I don't actually know them."

"But you should be around people that will help and support you." Harry says. "You wouldn't have to live like this anymore."

Marley shakes her head. The more he insists she should go the more she doesn't want to. She returns her gaze to their clasped hands. She focuses on the warmth of his palm and the way he makes her feel. And then her eyes begin to sting because she can't let go even if she wanted to.

Harry sits quietly beside her until the tears start to fall. And he pulls her onto his lap as she turns her face into the crook of his neck.

"What about you?" She asks weakly. Her tears nearly choking out her words. She finally told him that she loves him. And now they might have to say goodbye. For how long, she isn't sure.

And that scares her more than imperfect bodies and flawed features. Scares her more than broken glass on the floor of her kitchen and uneaten portions of lasagna. Or even butterflies and her own vulnerability.

Marley has finally found something she's more terrified of than herself. And it's losing the boy she has fallen so hard for.

She holds onto him tighter with her realization. Tears sliding down her cheeks at a rapid, uncontrollable pace. "I'd rather have you."

"You still have me, baby." Harry says. Wrapping his arms around her with just as much fear in his heart. But he knows this is good for her. She needs her family more than she knows. And if it means that he can't see her as often and can't kiss her every day, then he will suffer quietly. Because he loves her too much to let himself stand in her way of having what she deserves. A real family. "I'll come visit every weekend."

This statement seems to appease her, if ever so slightly. She nods, but the tears continue to fall. It's not just him. It's everything. It's the fear of change, too. And wondering why her mother hated her so much to keep her father away from her. And just everything.

Moving in with her father is completely out of Marley's comfort zone. And, well, with Harry is where she feels the most comfortable.

"It will be alright, Marr." Harry says, "I promise."

For a moment, he believed it. And so did she.

______________

IT'S BEEN TOO LONG LOVES! I'VE MISSED YOU!

Okay so don't hate me but college is hard af. No joke. Get yourself used to studying and shit because if you're like me and the first time you REALLY read a textbook is the night before your first exam.... you're screwed.

Just a helpful tip lmao

But how have you loves been??? Tell me about everything! Anything!

What did you have for lunch last Thursday? Read any good stories while I was MIA? Got a boyfriend/girlfriend AND broke up with them since my last update?

lol I've literally missed author's notes so much.

Also I'm sorry this is short I figured something is better than nothing. I'll try to make it up to you guys with the next update.

Anywhoooo

until next time!

-Lena xx

P.S. Narry brought me back to life this week. I'm LIVINGGG. I have 3494d384 photos of Harry from Another Man Magazine on my phone and Niall's single is freaking fab I can't.