Chapter 18- Mountain Mission

I should probably confirm this- Aoi is not half naked- her breasts are covered

Third Person:

The doctor came back and checked up on everyone.

Doctor: All Better.

Everyone sighs of relief. Nezuko's crow arrives at the house.

Crow: It is North! Northeast to the North-Northeast! Your next mission is North-Northeast! The three of you are to go to Mount Natagumo! Make your way there posthaste!

Everyone walks out of the wisteria house.

Nezuko: We're heading out. Thank you for everything.

Oldie: I'll bestow good luck upon you.

Nezuko: We appreciate it.

Nezuko and Kanao turn around. Aoi looks at the old man confused. He clicks a rock against a tool.

Aoi: What do you think you're doing?!

Kanao: Stop that, you idiot!

Aoi: What did you say?

Kanao: It's ceremonial! We're going on a journey, and striking sparks is for luck!

Oldie: Always live your lives in a fashion where you are able to hold your heads up high. I wish you luck in battle.

The team makes their way to the location of their next mission.

Aoi: Heads up high? Luck in battle? What's that mean?

Geez, this girl's totally clueless, Kanao thinks.

Nezuko: To be honest, it is a little bit difficult to explain. To hold your head high, I guess it means whatever hand you're given in this life, you're able to conduct yourself in a way that's honorable so you're never ashamed.

Aoi: Huh

Nezuko: And wishing us luck in battle just means she's praying for our safety.

Aoi: Well, what about the hand you're given? We have two already! And why should we be ashamed?

Nezuko: Well, I guess-

Aoi: What does it mean to conduct yourself honorably, anyway? And why is that old fart praying for our safety in the first place? She has nothing to do with us, so what's her game, huh? Maybe she should worry about her own hands.

Nezuko pouts and speeds up.

Kanao: She sped up!

Aoi: Is this a race? I won't let you win!

Kanao: Wait for me, you two!

The four arrive at Mount Natagamo.

Kanao: Everyone! We need to pause here.

Nezuko: Kanao, what's wrong?

Kanao: I'm nervous okay?! Now that we're nearing our destination, I'm getting scared!

Aoi: Why the hell is she sitting like that? It's pretty weird, if you ask me.

Kanao: Who are you to talk to me about weird? You can't tell me you're not getting any spooky vibes from that mountain!

Aoi: Huh?

Nezuko and Aoi turn around. The mountain was dark.

Nezuko: Even so, we can't exactly just wait here.

Aoi: I told you this girl's an odd duck.

Kanao: I am not an odd duck! I'm completely normal! It's you guys that are the strange ones!

Nezuko gasps and turns around.

Kanao: Nezuko? There something wrong?

Nezuko: What is this feeling?

Nezuko runs to the mountain. Aoi follows her.

Kanao: Nezuko, hey! Wait up! Don't leave me here by myself! Who knows what'll happen?

Nezuko and Aoi ran down the path until they suddenly stopped. In front of them was a male in a Demon Slayer uniform, who was lying on the ground. He was injured. He lifted his head up and his eyes became teary.

Slayer: Help me. Please help me.

Nezuko: He's got our uniform on! He's a Demon Slayer! Something must've happened!

Nezuko and Aoi run up to him.

Kanao: Hold up!

Nezuko: Are you alright? What happened?

Suddenly the slayer gets pulled back into the mountain.

Slayer: I was connected, too! Help me!

Everyone looks up at the area he was pulled into. Suddenly a feeling flows in Nezuko.

Nezuko: I'm going.

Aoi walks up and pushes past Nezuko.

Aoi: I'll head in first. You can tremble in fear and follow me. I'm hungry.

Nezuko: Aoi...

Kanao: You mean, you're hungry for battle.

Aoi laughs like crazy for a second.

Aoi: Here I come!

Nezuko and Aoi run into the mountain. Kanao sits scared on the path they're on.

Their most dangerous mission so far is about to begin.

To be continued...

読んでくれてありがとう! 🤎