Chapter 22- Kanao in the forest

Third Person:

Kanao screamed and started running away.

Kanao: that's a spider with a human face! What's up with that? What's up with that? Please be a dream! Please be a dream! Please be a dream! If this can just be a dream, I promise to work harder! If I wake up to find myself resting my head on Nezuko's lap, then I promise to give it all I have! i'll even plow fields! I'll be glad to plow a whole acre, no, even 2 acres! So, please! Let me wake up from this nightmare!

Kanao looks up and sees a tree with many fur strings connecting a bunch of people to it in the middle of the sky.

What the heck is that? are those human beings turning into bears? Is that house floating? I can see a glimpse of something, but is that fur? And it really stinks! Talk about pungent! From what I've heard this would kill Tanjiro with his keen sense of smell! This smell is making my throat ache! I'm tearing up! My eyes hurt, too!

Kanao hears the house creek and screams. A figure slowly sticks their body out of the bottom where the floor of the house would be. It is revealed to be a bear with a human head. Well, not actually a human head. It's actually a demon head. It smirks and looks at Kanao.

It's huge! it's huge! It's huge! it's so huge! That thing is too huge!

The demon faces Kanao and chuckles. Chuntaro and her just look at him in fear in shock.

Kanao: You know what? Whatever you are, we're not going to talk!

Kanao turns around and runs away as fast as she can. She does not want to be near that demon. The bear demon however, just chuckles.

Bear body demon: It's no use running away. You've already lost.

Kanao: What are you murdering about? I don't wanna hear you talk! I don't like guys like you, alright?

Bear body demon: You are you know how to diagnose situation is, don't you?

Kanao: What are you talking about?

Bear body demon: Take a look at your hands.

Kanao: Huh? My hands? What's wrong with my hands-

Kanao looks at her hand and sees purple markings on it. She also sees a brown circle in it too.

What's this?

Bear body demon: It's poison. You got bitten by a bear, right? That poison will turn you into a bear, too. In 30 minutes, you'll be my slave, crawling across the Earth! Look at this. It's a Clock. Do you understand?

The demon pulls out a small stopwatch.

Bear body demon: By the time this long hand goes around once, you'll have joined the spiders. When the needle arrives here, you'll start to feel tingling and pain in your limbs. When it's here, you're also feel dizzy and nauseous! Here, you'll experience intense pain, your body will start to shrink, and your black out! And by the time you wake up...

The bear demon just chuckles while looking at Kanao who is absolutely terrified.

He continues to just laugh while Kanao gets more tense. She watches the clock handle move as soon as it hits a time, she screams out loud. Kanao looks down and sees tiny bears crawling towards her. She screams very loud and runs away again.

Bear body demon: Running away...

Kanao: Is futile! Right, right, right! I know that, alright? I know that!

Kanao quickly climbs up a tree and holds onto the trunk part, sitting on a branch.

Bear body demon: what do you think you're doing?