Chapter 36- Lowermoon

Third Person:

Aoi and Kanao were now watching Nezuko and Zenitsu do the cup game again. They were both very fast.

Kanao: Incredible...

Aoi: Look at them go!

Zenitsu managed to lift up a cup.

Inosuke: That's it!

Nezuko sighed.

Nezuko: You sure are fast, Zenitsu.

Zenitsu said nothing.

Inosuke: Your record is now 10 wins and 10 losses.

Nezuko: I'm not done just yet. I'm going for a run. Are you up to it?

Kanao: You mean while doing Total Concentration, Constant?

Nezuko nodded. She then slapped Kanao's stomach.

Kanao: I gotta keep this up the whole time?

Aoi: Monzuko!

Aoi opened her jacket so Nezuko could slap her too. Kanao did instead.

Kanao: Take this!

Aoi: That's nothing!

Kanao: You're all brawn, and no brains!

Nezuko: Let's go!

A few months earlier

A black snake was on the floor, sliding around. They found a pot and went in it.

Suddenly a demon whose eyes read Lower 6 was teleported into a different area of the fortress.

He looked up and gasped.

Where the hell is this place?

A demon who was walking's eyes read Lower 1.

There was another demon whose eyes read Lower 2.

Was it that snakes power, Lower 6 thought. Seems like this whole space works with him at the center.

Lower 6 looked around. Lower 3 and 4 were there now.

Only the Lower Ranks of the Twelve Kizuki have been summoned. That's never happened before. Lower 5 isn't here yet.

The snake hissed and all of the Lowermoons were now in the same spot.

A Blood Demon Art again?

In front of all of the demons was a woman. They wore a white kimono with purple ascents, and their long black hair was tied into a bun. They had purple eyes.

What is it with this woman? Who is she?

Kagaya: Lower your heads and kneel down. Prostrate yourselves.

Suddenly all of the summoned Lowermoons were on the ground, doing as Kagaya asked.

It's Master Kagaya! That's Master Kagaya's voice! I didn't recognize him! He's changed his appearance and aura! His disguise is incredible!

Lower 4: P-Please forgive us! Since you've assumed a different form and aura—

Kagaya: Who said you could speak? Don't presume to voice your worthless thoughts.

Kagaya's eyes glowed.

Kagaya: Answer my questions. Nothing else. Kaigaku was killed. I'm talking about Lower 5. I have but one question to ask of you. Why are you members of the Lower Ranks so weak? You shouldn't be satisfied merely being among the Twelve Kizuki. That is only the beginning. To devour more humans, to become stronger... Your starting point for becoming useful to me... For over a century, the members of the Upper Ranks of the Twelve Kizuki remain unchanged. It's always been the demons of the Upper Ranks who've disposed of those Demon Slayer Hashira. But what about you demons of the Lower Ranks? How many times have the numbers changed?