Chapter 56- Full Demon Form

Third Person:

Maksumatsuru suddenly gets smacked.

Their head got kicked off.

Their head got kicked off and their body went flying. Their body hit the electric power lines and bounced up and down on the roof.

Tanjiro was standing in front of Nezuko. He was angry. He was growling and drooling. His hands were in fists as he stared at Maksumatsuru's rolling body. Nezuko was coughing and bleeding out.

Tanjiro remembers his siblings and mother getting attacked. He growls and soon a crack forms around his right eye.

Maksumatsuru: YOU HAVE SOME NEEVE DOING THAT!!! Wait a second. The filthy traitor, it's you, isn't it? THE ONE HE WAS TALKING ABOUT HAS TO BE YOU!!!

A big chunk of Maksumatsuru's head was missing. Even though half of their head was gone, it was still clear that their face was red with anger.

Kagaya: Makio, there's a demon out there that managed to slip from my grasp, just as Yushiro did. I need you to find and dispose of him. You're the only one I can turn to. It shouldn't be hard to recognize him. He's a boy wearing a green and black checkered pattern haori and one Hanafuda earring.

Tanjiro took a step forward.

Maksumatsuru had fully regenerated their head.

Maksumatsuru: Lord Kagaya, I will happily eviscerate this hideous, little runt. Prepare to die, scum.

Nezuko coughed one last time before she passed out.

Tanjiro jumped to Maksumatsuru with his leg up.

Maksumatsuru: is kicking the only thing you know?

Maksumatsuru uses a laser to cut off Tanjiro's leg.

Maksumatsuru: You bottom feeder!

Maksumatsuru sends a another laser through Tanjiro's torso. His left arm got stuck in it too and got severed off. Maksumatsuru spins him around before sending him flying into the roof of a house, and crashing through the wall of another. Maksumatsuru lands on the ground.

Maksumatsuru: Could you be any weaker? You've barely consumed in a humans. It's a miracle you were able to escape Lord Kagaya.

Tanjiro was stuck under some rubble.

Maksumatsuru: You poor thing! Your torso and lower body went their separate ways. I wouldn't try moving if I were you. After all, there's no way I half-developed a demon like yourself could possibly regenerate quickly enough to continue fighting. But since we're both demons, we'll quit toying around with you, and instead I'll absorb you into a bubble and expose you to the sun in the morning. Like we'd waste our time finishing you off when we have two Hashira to kill.

Tanjiro suddenly gets out of the rubble and stands up.

Maksumatsuru: Huh?

What's going on?  He's regenerated his leg. Never mind his leg. How is he able to stand? I'm sure I severed him in half. I saw with my own eyes. There's no way I missed.

Tanjiro's arm muscles tense up. He lifts up his arm and regenerates it.

I didn't expect this. His healing and regeneration speed is on par with Upper Rank Demons.

Tanjiro bites through his bamboo muzzle.

His body gets bigger, making him taller, taller than Maksumatsuru. His hair also grew so it was now long. It reached his knees. He has a silver horn on the right side of his forehead. The left side of his forehead has a red scar like pattern. The pattern is on his pecks, arms, legs, and right cheek as well. The tear in his shirt exposed a bit of his abs. Half of the left sleeve of his haori was gone. His right leg was naked. He tilted his head up and turned to face Maksumatsuru. He looked angrier thank he did before.