Chapter 30- Tanjiro's test

Third Person:

Tanjiro was staring intensely at Gyutaro's blood. He was making noise beneath the muzzle.

Hakuji: What's the matter, demon? Go on! You know you want it.

Everyone was looking at them. Nezuko was still being pinned to the ground by Hatengu, who more force onto her wrists.

Douma: Hatengu, you're digging into her too hard. Please, ease up a little.

Hatengu: I'm only holding her down because she's trying to break free.

Douma: Nezuko, if you use any breathing techniques, while your lungs are being squeezed, your veins will burst.

Managi: His veins will burst! I like it! Sounds flamboyant! Come on! Burst 'em!

Ume gasps.

Tanjiro was still staring at the blood that was now dripping onto the floor. Hakuji laughed while Nezuko still attempted to break free.

Douma: Kamado?

Nezuko growled and she soon broke free. Hatengu gasped as Tsutako grabbed his arm so he couldn't stop her. Nezuko got up ran up to the area where Tanjiro was.

Nezuko: Tanjiro!

Suddenly, the world around Tanjiro was dark. There was snow around him. When he looked in front of him, he saw Tsutako standing far from Nezuko who was holding Tanjiro in her arms on the ground. It was a flashback.

Nezuko: He's my brother! He's my older brother! Tanjiro is different! Though I don't know how it happened!

Tanjiro then saw his dad sitting down and his mother making food in the kitchen. His mom said something, but he wasn't able to hear her.

Then he saw his siblings playing by the cherry blossoms.

Urokodaki: All humans are your family. Protect humans.

Tanjiro: Humans are meant to be protected and saved. Never hurt them. I will never hurt them.

Tanjiro's flashback ends and he's still growling at Gyutaro's blood. After a few seconds, he turns his head away in disgust.

Hakuji gasps and Nezuko sighs.

Muzan: Well would you look at that? What happened?

Twin 1: The demon boy turned his head away in disgust. I thought he'd been stabbed three times by Hakuji, and despite his flaunting of Gyutaro's bloody arm in his face, he restrained himself and did not bite.

Hakuji sputters and Gyutaro sighs.

Muzan: so now, it's been proven that Tanjiro won't attack humans.

Hatengu pulls his from Tsutako's grasp.

Hatengu: What do you think you're doing, Tomioka?

Muzan: Nezuko... nevertheless, some may still view Tanjiro unfavorably. You must prove it to them starting now that you and Tanjiro, can fight as Demon Slayers. That you can be useful.

Nezuko bowed down to Muzan quickly.

What is this feeling, Nezuko thought. It's like I'm floating. His voice... is it because of his voice that I'm feeling light in the head?

Muzan: Go out and defeat a Twelve Kizuki. Do that and you'll be excepted by all. And your words will carry more weight.

Nezuko: I... Tanjiro and I will defeat Kagaya Ubuyashiki! Tanjiro and I will do it for sure! Strike with the blade that will break the chain of despair!

Muzan: As you're not ready for that, yet, Nezuko, let's start by defeating a Twelve Kizuki, all right?

Nezuko blushes, embarrassed.

Nezuko: Yes, sir.

Muzan: it goes without saying that the Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps have phenomenal skills. After training themselves to death, they have defied it, and they've also defeated members of the Twelve Kizuki.

Managi: Yes! A good attitude to have!

Muzan: That is why the Hashira receive respect and are welcomed by others. So, Nezuko, mind your manners when you speak.

Nezuko: Y-yes sir!

Muzan: One more thing. Hakuji... Hatengu... don't torment the younger ones too much.

Hatengu: As you wish.

Tanjiro had smoke coming out from his ears as he sat in his box, angered by what just happened.

Hakuji: As you wish.

Muzan: Nezuko, we have concluded our business with you. You may step back.

Douma raised his hand up.

Douma: In that case, please allow camera to stay at my mansion.

Nezuko's expression immediately changed.

Douma clapped twice.

Douma: All right, then! Take them away, please!

One worker ran up to Tanjiro who was in his box with the dot eyes. He turned his head to look at them, and they immediately felt intimidated as they backed up.

Worker: Pardon me for cutting in front of you!

The Kashuki bowed to Muzan and the Hashira before carrying Nezuko away. The Kashuki holding Tanjiro did the same thing.

Nezuko was about to begin her recovery training arc.

To be continued...

読んでくれてありがとう! 💛