Chapter 39- The Mugen Train

I really wanted to skip the movie

Netflix said no

Third Person:

The Mugen Train was running. A man was walking in one of the carts. It was empty. The light in one of the other carts turned off. A silhouette of a demon was in the other cart.

The man gasped and ran back. However, he got attacked and killed.

There was missing person sign hung up on a wall. A demon slayer walked up to it. He has short black hair, blue eyes, a pale blue haori, and a black uniform. He walked into a building and saw Rui eating soup.

Slayer: Arachnid Hashira, forgive me for intruding.

Rui: Come and take a seat. Hey, bring this guy the same thing as me.

The chef nodded and began cooking. They looked a bit mad.

Slayer: You sure about that?

Rui nodded.

The chef finished and brought the slayer the food.

Slayer: Arachnid Hashira, your work last night was magnificent.

Rui: Don't need to remind me of the truth. But how's the injured woman faring?

Slayer: According to the doctor, the wounds up she suffered won't leave her with any scars.

Rui: I see.

Slayer: Yes, and all thanks to your bravery.

The slayer prayed over his food.

Slayer: My thanks.

The chef left and extra dish.

Rui: What's this?

Chef: A little treat on the house.

Slayer: Many thanks.

The slayer slurped his noodles.

Slayer: Tasty. Hey, master. I bet you'd thrive if you set up a shop in Ueno.

Chef: Yeah, and what do you know about that?

Rui: How is business?

Chef: How's it look to you?

Rui: ...

Chef: Thanks to all the talk about the Slasher being at large here, people stopped coming out at night.

The chef held a newspaper which the headlines of read; THE SLASHER STRIKES AGAIN USING TRAINS FOR TRANSPORTATION

Chef: It's at the point where I even had to let my workers go. They say that a conductor was murdered just the other day. Also, in case you haven't heard yet, the Mugen train is out of service now. Rumor has it that around 40 of the passengers on board the train disappeared without any explanation.

Slayer: Sounds ominous. By the way, about that, the reason I'm here is about that train. We received word it was secretly transported to a certain storage area.

Rui: Is that right?

Rui took a bite out of his food.

Slayer: Are we heading to the Mugen Train?

Rui and the Slayer were walking outside.

Rui: Duh. But first we should inspect the station where the conductor's body was found.

A girl was looking at her food. She then sighed.

Old lady: Fuku, enough of that moping about. Go on and eat now.