Chapter 24- C'mon Aoi

Third Person:

Aoi breathed heavily with her back against a tree. The demon she was left with was looking for her.

The demon looked around and saw a blood trail.

O-Oh, crap!

The demon followed the path of blood.

Damnit! Hiding myself in a place like this... How pathetic is that? Still, I got to come up with a way. How do you cut through some thing that a sword can't slice? What do I do? What do I do? Just how do I slash it? Think! Think! Think! Thi-

The father demon punched the tree Aoi was behind. Aoi ran away from the scene.

This is bad! This is really bad! Until... Until she gets back, I got somehow...

Aoi stopped running suddenly.

Aoi: Why the hell am I thinking like that?! Don't be ridiculous damnit!

Aoi ran to the demon, jumped upwards, and put her sword through the demons arm.

Aoi: Curse you!

Aoi used her other sword to hit her sword in the demon's arm to get it through.

Looks like I got infected by Tontalo's germs! Messing around like that... That was a close call! Using my head? That's not my style!

Aoi managed to get her sword through the demon's arm and cut it off. She landed on the ground.

Aoi: Alright. Slashed ya!

The demon made wimpy sounds.

Aoi: It's that simple. If you could/something was one sword, all you gotta do, is pound it with another sword! I mean, look! I have the tools for the job.

Aoi began to chuckle in front of the demon.

Aoi: I'm the almighty!

The demon grunted and walked away. Aoi then became confused.

Aoi: Are you running away from me? Hey, you! Come back here, damnit!

Kaigaku hit Nezuko's cheek with a claw. He sent fur strings at her but she deflected them with her sword.

Kaigaku: Just so you know.. I won't kill you in one blow. After ripping you to shreds, I'll carve you up.

Nezuko panted while staring at Kaigaku.

Kaigaku: However, if you take back what you said just now, I'll do you a favor and kill you at once.

Nezuko: I won't take it back! What I said was the truth. The one who's wrong... is you!

Kaigaku stared at her while the demon bear sister looked at her from behind the trees in shock.

Nezuko: You're the one who's mistaken!

Kaigaku stretched his claws while Nezuko held her sword up higher, panting.

Aoi was running after the demon. She lost sight of him.

Damn! That bastard... where the hell did he go, damnit!

Aoi panted and stopped running for a moment.

I'm telling ya, this doesn't hurt! What doesn't hurt doesn't hurt! Now that it's come to that... I'll sniff it out for sure!

Aoi's used her abilities to find the demon's location. Aoi gasped and looked up. The demon was holding onto a tree branch.

Aoi: So there you are! You idiot piece of crap! How high did you climb up? Bastard... So, you're plotting to make me use my head again, huh? In your dreams!

The demon made weird noises again while in the tree still.

Aoi: What the... oh I get it. He's trembling with dear and dread at the sight of me, huh? Well, it's a little too late for that!

The demon's body looked different. He was transforming into a bigger demon monster.

Aoi: What the... Now what?

The demon had bigger arms, and it was molting.

Aoi: I-is it molting?!

The demon jumped down in front of Aoi, showing her his final form.

Jeez. Come on, that's too big even for me. This is looking really bad. I've never sensed this much pressure from an opponent before. I'll get crushed just by the pressure.

Father demon roared in front of Aoi.

It's no good. I can't win.

The demon got ready to throw a punch.

I'm gonna die. I'm gonna be killed.

Nezuko: Don't die! Don't die until I get back!

Oldie: Always live your lives with great pride. I wish you luck in battle.

Aoi held her sword tight.

I won't lose.

Aoi: No way am I going to lose! I'm Aoi Kanzaki of the Demon Slayer Corps! Bring it on, you scum!

As soon as Aoi finished, she got punched away from the demon. Hee body got slammed against the trees.

So fast. I can't see it!

Aoi stopped moving and her body was against a tree. The demon punched the tree missing hee. Aoi jumped away as soon as he did.

Aoi: Beast Breathing... Fang Three, Devour!

Aoi tries to strike the demon's head , but both of her swords broke.

Aoi: They snapped!

The demon knocked Aoi's body away and she hit a tree.

Oh, crap! I failed to catch my fall with a breathing technique!

The demon picked up Aoi by her head.

Father demon: Don't come near my family! Stay away!

Aoi: I refuse to die! Beast Breathing, Fang One... take this. Pierce!

Aoi put her swords through the demon's neck.

I stabbed it! I stabbed it, but... what the hell? This thing isn't even flinching.

The demon pulled Aoi's body away from her swords while crushing her head a bit.

Aoi saw a woman with tears in her eyes and blood on her light blue kimono.

Woman: Forgive me.. I'm sorry, Aoi.

Aoi saw Nezuko and Kanao in her head. Then he saw a dragonfly and the grandpa from the Wisteria House.

Woman: I want you, at least, to survive, Aoi.

What the rest of the woman said was muffled.

Aoi: Wh-Who are you?

Aoi then spat out a lot of blood.

Suddenly running could be heard in the distance. Then, in a quick moment, the father demon's arm got cut off.

Aoi fell to the ground as the demon gasped.

Wh-What was that?

Aoi turned her head and saw a woman with a half blue, half peach haori on. Her sword was out.

It was Tsutako again.

Did she actually cut through him? That girl? Wh-Who is that? Who on earth...

The demon growled and grew his arm back. They sent a punch towards Tsutako

That's fast!

Water Breathing, Fourth Form... Striking Tide!

Tsutako jumped up, and decapitated the demon, its body going into pieces.

H-Holy crap! I-I've never seen anyone... as incredible as this lady.

To be continued...

読んでくれてありがとう! 💜