Chapter 32- After

Third Person:

All of the Hashira were in a room. Across from them was Kibutsuji and his daughters were on each side of him. He began to speak to the Hashira.

Muzan: Just as you've all reported, the demons' carnage has increased more than ever. Meaning that afraid to human life is greater than it's ever been. We must bolster the ranks of the Demon Slayers. What do you all think?

Hakuji: The incident on Mt. Natagumo made it very clear. The caliber of Demon Slayers has dropped tremendously. Most of them are useless. The trainers must be blind. You'd think they could at least tell if someone's competent or not.

Gyutaro: Well, that kid today sure seemed competent. She did land that hard blow on you, Hakuji. She's got potential.

Hakuji let out a "tch" sound.

Douma: The more the human population increases, the harder it becomes to control and unify them. Not to mention that the times have changed considerably in this era.

Hatengu: Other than those who've had their loved ones brutally massacred, enjoyed the Corps, of those of distinguished pedigree, who have hunted demons for generations, to ask anyone to harness as much or even greater resolve and drive to produce results would be cruel.

Gyokko: Still, considering that girl ran into a Twelve Kizuki so soon after joining the Corps... She may have the power to drop them! Even we rarely get the chance to confront one! It makes me envious!

Muzan: Agreed. But the fact that the lower five made such a drastic move probably means that Kagaya is nowhere near Mt. Natagumo. After all, as in the case of Asakusa, whenever Kagaya wishes to hide something, he creates a clever diversion to throw us off. It's really quite frustrating. But those demons are still freely devouring humans, gaining strength and surviving. For the sake of those who have died, there is only one thing for us to do. I believe that, if you were present today, the Corps' Hashira, I've assembled the finest unit since the first Breathing swordsmen of the feudal era. Gyokko Managi. Rui Ayaki. Douma Hashibara. Ume Shabana. Gyutaro Shabana. Nakime. Hatengu. Hakuji Soyama. Tsutako Tomioka. My children, I look forward to your success.

The twin girls take a lantern outside of the room the meeting was held in. Kibutsuji sits in the room by himself.

Muzan: Kagaya Ubuyashiki, I swear I will defeat you if it's the last thing that I do. We will bring you down without fail.

Taisho Era Secret: Muzan is the 97th leader of the Corps.

Rui was getting ready to go somewhere.

Douma: Are you heading into battle?

Rui: Hm. Oh... Douma. We got new information about a demon, and the Corps members who went to confront it were taken out. We're losing rent in fillers, too, now.

Douma: Could it be a Twelve Kizuki?

Rui: Most likely, yes. It might even be an Upper Rank.

Douma: It sounds like a difficult mission, but as long as you're going, Ayaki, there's nothing to worry about.

Rui: Hey, how do you plan on taking in that kicking girl? You mentioned possibly making room for more Tsuguko, but I'm sure that's not the reason.

Douma: don't worry. It's not as if I'm going to gobble her up.

Rui: Like I would assume you would.

Rui turned around and walked away.

Douma: Do be careful.

Kanao: No! I can't possibly take anymore!

??: We go through this every single day! You're the most severely injured, Kanao! Take your medicine this second!

(I don't remember if they ever confirm who this person is in the show so I'll say it now. Inosuke)

Kanao stares at the medicine in her hands.

Inosuke. Good grief. Nezuko, that will be your medicine.

Kiyo: Here you go.

Nezuko: Thanks.

Nezuko takes the medicine and drinks it.

Kanao: Hey! Nezuko's medicine goes down that easy, huh? Is that right? I see, it's different from mine! I call favoritism! I call favoritism!

Nezuko: Kanao, this is a hospital ward! Quiet down!

???: You seem to be doing well!

Everyone besides Aoi turned to look to see who said that. It was Ozaki.

Nezuko: Ozaki!

Ozaki: Hey!

Nezuko: Are you all right?

Ozaki: Well, I came close to getting melted away, but I made it somehow. But I hear you guys got really banged up.

Nezuko: It looks like it's going to take some time.

Ozaki: I guess the Wild Boar damaged her throat. Why is she unresponsive?

Nezuko: She went through a lot. If you could, please let her be...

Ozaki: But for this girl of all people to be so listless—

Kanao: Nezuko. Who is that?

Nezuko: She's Ozaki. She thought with us on Mt. Natagumo.

Ozaki: I'm Ozaki! Nice to meet you! Hey, your arm...

Kanao: I almost got turned into a bear, so my arms and legs are still short.

Inosuke: And that's why you need this medicine!

Kanao: But it taste, so gross! There's only so much gross a person can take!

Inosuke: Don't come crying to me if your arms don't go back to normal!

Kanao: so cold! That's such a cold thing to say!

Inosuke: You don't know how good you have it! I mean, if you take this medicine and get lots of sunlight, there'll be no lasting effects!

Kanao runs across Aoi's bed to Nezuko.

Kanao: I can't do it! Gross is gross! No two ways about it!

Ozaki: Looks like fun. I'm jealous.

Ozaki suddenly had this dark aura around her.

Nezuko: Ozaki..?

Ozaki: I was summoned to the Hashira meeting to give my report on the Mt. Natagumo incident. But it was like hell! Those Hashira are way too terrifying! They were all angry that Corps fighters these days are dropping in quality... since some who were sent to Mt. Natagumo didn't follow orders. So, they wanted to interrogate who their trainers were. What good would it do to ask someone of my rank anyway?

Nezuko and Kanao suddenly gasped.

Ozaki: The Hashira really terrify me!

Douma: Hello.

Ozaki suddenly gasps and screams at the same time. She jumps up from her stool.

Ozaki: Hashira! Sir Hashibara!

Douma: Hello.

Ozaki bows down.

Ozaki: Oh, hello! Goodbye!

Ozaki runs away in fear.

Douma: Oh, my! Goodbye!

Douma then turns to Nezuko and Kanao.

Douma: How is your recovery coming along?

Nezuko: I think we're a lot better now.

Kanao just looked at him smiling and blushing.

Douma: 10, let's have you start your rehabilitation training, shall we?

Nezuko: Rehabilitation training?

Douma: Yes!

To be continued...

読んでくれてありがとう! 💙