Chapter 48- Going undercover

Third Person:

Everyone was on a carriage. The were entering the Entertainment District. All the houses had lights outside them. There were females on some of the balconies.

Gyutaro: Listen you three. Try not to stand out. We're only here to case the joint. And whatever you do, don't get out of the carriage.

Kanao jumped down.

Nezuko: Stop it! What do you think you're doing?

Aoi jumped down.

Nezuko: Where are you going? Come back, you two!

Nezuko jumped down.

Gyutaro: What a bunch of hardheaded idiots!

Aoi looked around trembling.

Nezuko: Settle down, Aoi.

Gyutaro: Get back here, damn it! I'm talking to you too! Are you listening to me?

They were all together now.

Nezuko: It's so bright.

Kanao: It looks like it's daytime.

Gyutaro: Allow me to introduce you to the Yoshiwara Entertainment District, awash in vanity and desire. Cool, isn't it?

Aoi: What kind of place is this? There's too many people to even count! Make way, chumps, I'm coming through!

Gyutaro: Hey!

Gyutaro ran after her.

Gyutaro: Get back here, moron!

Civilian: A boar is on a rampage!

Gyutaro came back, carrying Aoi.

Gyutaro: Hey! Where'd the annoying kid with the yellow hair go?

Nezuko: What?

Kanao was walking around.

Boy: Well, aren't you a pretty one?

Kanao looked up and saw three boys waving at her.

Boy: Why don't you come and join us?

Guy: If you're bored, we have makeup.

They all giggled.

Kanao blushed but she covered her face.

Boy: No need to be shy, young woman.

Kanao ran towards the entrance.

Handsome gentlemen who make the first move? What am I gonna do?

Gyutaro: Not so fast!

Gyutaro knocked her out. He then dragged her.

Gyutaro: You're too young for that kinda stuff.

Gyutaro: Take notes, you three. During the day, this place is quiet as a ghost town, but at night, it roars to life with all kinds of people, ideal circumstances for a demon. The woman here are also unique. Many become courtesans and are sold off to pay their debts. In return, they're given food, clothing, and lodging, and if they climb up the ranks, a rich man might buy out their contracts. The highest-ranking courtesan is referred to as oiran, and she's on a whole different level. Her beauty and intelligence is unrivaled and she's mastered every traditional art. A woman of distinction bathed in her house's resources to become their shining star.

Nezuko: She sounds incredible.

Gyutaro: I think that's enough reconnaissance for now. Let's go.