Chapter 64.5- Together Forever

Third Person:

No... that's not how this is supposed to be...

The Shinobi still exist. But I used be one over a hundred years ago.

I had nine siblings. By the time I was 15, seven were dead. My father was afraid the clan was doomed... so he forced us all through intense training.

The only survivors were me and my younger brother.

My little brother...

Was just like my father. He was just as cold and heartless. Minions were expendable, and his wife was just for making babies. He had no respect for others. He was stubborn and cold.

I thought I could never be like that.

Kagaya: Tengen. The path you chose is a hard one. It is hard to reject the values you learned as a child. You must always fight for yourself. Despite your many inner conflicts... and contradictions... I trust you to always fight for me and to destroy lives. You are a wonderful demon.

I have no idea where I'd be right now if it weren't for Master. Becoming a demon isn't something I regret doing. People who struggle with their inner conflict are foolish weaklings. I see what must be done and I do it.

The only bad choice I've ever made...

Is letting those three join me.

Hinatsuru: Do you really want us to become demons? Can't we just live like normal people? We were raised as shinobi, so the lives that were stolen from us will not return. If we don't set things right... the shame of failure will haunt us forever. Even if all four of us aren't together... let us have no regrets.

No. We all could have just said no. But I knew that if we turned away the offer, we would most likely have died before we got old together. We could have started a family, and been normal civilians.

Makio, Suma, Hinatsuru...

you're all my pride and joy.

Tengen was standing in the middle of nowhere. Blue fog was surrounding the area.

Tengen: What is this place? Is this hell?

?: Lord Tengen!

Tengen turns around and sees his wives who are human.

Suma: It's awful here! I don't like this place! Where are we? I want to leave! Do something!

Tengen: You... look at you three.

Tengen turns back and walks foward.

Hinatsuru: Is the exit that way?

He stops.

Tengen: Listen. Don't follow me anymore.

Makio: B-But why? Wait, I—

Tengen: I SAID DON'T FOLLOW ME!

Tengen continues walking.

Makio: Are you mad about what I said? I'll apologize! So forgive me! I don't think you're cruel, Tengen! I was just bitter! Bitter because we'd lost!

Hinatsuru: I didn't want to admit that we'd lost because of us!

Suma: I'm sorry for not fighting better! If only I could've been more useful, then we wouldn't have lost! We're sorry we're always dragging you down!

Hinatsuru: Listen, Tenegn!

Tengen: You're not my wives anymore. You're all nothing to me. I'm heading this way, so you go in the opposite direction, toward the light.