Chapter 37- The Heartwarming Nezuko

Third Person:

Crow: It's now morning! Wake up!

Aoi: What the heck?

Nezuko's crow woke everyone up.

Kanao: What's going on?

Crow: the casualties of the Mugen Train are increasing. More than 40 are now missing. You are to join Rui Ayaki on site. Head west at once! Head west at once!

Muzan: I have decided to send Nezuko and the others on the Mugen Train mission. Douma, may I ask what made you recommend Nezuko?

Douma: Nezuko has a pure, and is capable of working diligently toward her goals. And the potential she showed exceeded my expectations. Above all else, she has a clear path in mind. To defeat Ubuyashiki.

Muzan: I am in complete agreement with you on those counts.

Douma: Also, Nezuko told me that her father has used the Moon Breathing technique.

Muzan: Ah...

Douma: At this time, there's no denying that she still has a way to go, but perhaps, Ayaki, the Arachnid, Hashira, might be able to provide some guidance,.

Muzan: yes. Considering her brother, who want to devour humans, even after becoming a demon, as well as his encounter with Ubuyashiki, it might very well be Nezuko's destiny.

Nezuko: All right, time to go!

A girl was walking down the hallway.

Someone's coming.

Nezuko moved so she wouldn't be in the person passing's way. The person still bumped into her.

She was really intent on bumping into me. Huh? That girl just now... Was she at Final Selection? She looks well... she kinda looked frail last time. I wonder why... her aura...

Nezuko: Long time no see! Glad to see you're doing well!

The girl that ran away without responding.

Inosuke: Oh, really? You're heading out now? It was only for a short time, but I'm glad we got to spend that time together. Good luck to you! Take care!

Nezuko: Thank you so much for looking after us when you were so busy! Thanks to you, we can go back into battle!

Inosuke: ...No need to thank me. After all, I survived Final Selection only by luck. Since then, I've been too afraid to go back into battle, so I'm a coward.

Nezuko: Hey, that doesn't matter. Since you helped me out, Inosuke, you're part of me now. And I'll carry all of your emotions onto the battlefield with me!

Inosuke gasped.

Nezuko: Alright! If I get hurt again, I hope you'll look after me!

Inosuke looked at Nezuko as she left.

Zenitsu was sitting outside.

Nezuko: Hey! There you are!

Zenitsu turned to look at Nezuko, who was running to him.

Nezuko: Zenitsu! We're heading out now. Thanks for everything!

Zenitsu smiled at her.

Nezuko got nervous. Zenitsu held out a coin, which caught Nezuko's attention.

Nezuko: Hey! What's that?

Zenitsu flipped it. When it landed on his hand, he held it down to secure it. He removed his hand and the coin read tails.

Zenitsu: All I did was follow my teachers instructions. There's no need for you to thank me. Goodbye.

He actually talked!

Nezuko: What was that you just flipped?

Zenitsu: Goodbye.

Nezuko: Money? It says "heads" and  "tails," huh? Why did you flip it?

Zenitsu: Goodbye.

Nezuko: You sure made that thing spin!

Zenitsu: I flip this to decide when I haven't been told what to do. Just know, I decided whether to speak to you or not. Heads meant I wouldn't, and tails meant I would. Since it came up tails, I spoke to you. Goodbye.

Nezuko: Why don't you decide for yourself? What did you want to do, Zenitsu?

Zenitsu: It doesn't matter. Nothing matters to me, so I can't decide for myself.

Nezuko: I don't think there's anything in this world that doesn't matter. I guess... the voice in your heart is really soft. Sure, following orders is important, but...

Nezuko came up with an idea.

Nezuko: Hey, can I borrow that?

Zenitsu: Yes.

Zenitsu gave Nezuko the coin.

Nezuko: Thanks!

Nezuko ran so he was more in the yard in front of Zenitsu.

Nezuko: OK! Let's toss this to the side!

Zenitsu: Decide what?

Nezuko: Whether or not... you're going to listen closely to the voice in your heart from now on!

Nezuko flipped the coin up very high.

Nezuko: I flipped it too high! Heads let's make it heads! If it comes up heads, Zenitsu, you're going to follow your heart!

A wind blew over.

Nezuko: Huh? Hey— where did it go? Is that it?

Nezuko found the coin and caught it. Nezuko then looked at Zenitsu blushing with excitement.

Nezuko: Got it! Got it! Zenitsu!

Nezuko walked up to Zenitsu still covering the result.

Nezuko: Ready, Kanao?

Which is it, Zenitsu thought. Her back was blocking you, so I couldn't see it the moment it fell.

Nezuko moved her hand. The coin revealed to be on Heads. Nezuko jumped up for joy while Zenitsu's mouth was agape.

Nezuko: It's heads! Zenitsu!

Nezuko offered to give back the coin. Instead of giving it, Nezuko held Zenitsu's hand with both of her hands. This made Zenitsu gasp. They both made direct eye contact.

Nezuko: Good luck! It's the heart that drives people. So, your heart can grow as strong as you need it to!

Zenitsu just looked at her. All right! See you again someday!

Nezuko ran away. Zenitsu stood up.

Zenitsu: H-How did it come up heads?

Nezuko stopped running and turned around.

I saw her hand when she flipped it. I'm sure she didn't cheat.

Nezuko: Just by chance. And if it was tails, I was going to keep tossing it over and over until he came up heads!

Nezuko chuckled and  Zenitsu's eyes lit up.

Nezuko: Take care!

Nezuko ran away again. Zenitsu looked at his coin again. He held it close to his chest.

To be continued...

Thanks for reading! ❤️